An Imposter Among Us

~ Te Amo ~
————

It was a dark and stormy night in Swellview. A figure walked through the metal door and went in to the main room of the Man's Nest holding a digital lantern and wearing a robe with the hood up. The figure looked around before quickly making their way to a study chair.

They dusted off some cobwebs before opening a cabinet and took out a VR system and connected it to the small desk that was connected to the study chair. The figure then took off the hood to reveal Eliza. She looked around the room and jumped when she heard a loud 'meow!'

She turned her head to see Schwoz asleep on a big cat bed that had his name on it. She shook her head as she held a smile before she picked up a set of VR goggles and placed them over her eyes.

"This is where it all started. When I became a different person. When I almost sent the whole world back to the dark ages. But to understand how I got here, we need to go back to the not-so-dark ages. Aka, last week."

Five days before

The five members of Danger Force were in the Man's Nest with Captain Man and they were all doing their own thing. Chapa was watching a video on her old computer. Bose and Miles were sitting on their classroom chairs by their lockers on their phones. Mika was filming Ray who was in his super suit as he stood behind an eel tank, and Eliza was playing a VR game. The same game she'd been playing for a few days.

"Tell me your indestructible without telling me your indestructible. I'll go first." Ray said before he stuck his arm in the eel tank and got electrocuted and Mika flinched. He let go of the eel and smiled towards the camera. "I'm okay."

"Quiet down! I'm watching a video called '50 ways to hurt a bad guy with a rusty spoon." Chapa smirked as she held a rusty spoon and Ray scoffed. "You can't hurt anyone with a rusty spoon." He said as he dried off his hand with a towel when a rusty spoon collided with he cheek. "Ow!"

He turned his head to see Chapa glaring at him. "I said quiet down." She said and Ray rolled his eyes. "You're making more noise than I am." He said.

"Hey, peoples! We're supposed to be playing this new fight training game!" Eliza called out to her friends as she did a front kick followed by a punch. Chapa turned to face her and Bose and Miles stood up from their chairs to look at the curly haired girl who currently had her hair in Dutch braids.

Bose looked at his girlfriend as she did an impressive spin kick. Ever since Bose brought in the package, Eliza has not stopped playing the game. She did say she would stop once she beat the character, but she still hasn't been able to do that, to everyone's surprise as she is really good with most video games.

"Yeah, where did thing even come from?" Chapa asked. "Oh, I found it in this strange package outside the Man's Nest." Bose said and Miles looked at him weirdly.

"You found a strange package and you just brought it inside?" He asked and Bose shrugged, "the return label said fun town."

"Well, I'm glad you did because I'm about to beat this strangely familiar purple suit guy." Eliza said as she threw two punches. Ray looked up at the screen where it showed what Eliza was playing on the VR system. "That's not purple suit guy, that's Rick Twittler." He said.

"Well, that explains why he looks so familiar." Eliza said as she stood still for a moment as she looked at the character she was currently fighting and remembered how Rick Twittler set up her dad and best friend. She shook her head before she threw another punch.