The Jet Wing

~ Te Amo ~
————

Eliza sat at the breakfast bar in the Davenport house beside Adam as Leo and Mr Davenport stood on the other side trying to fix one of the many devices that was destroyed. As Mr Davenport tried screwing in a screw, the deceive sparked, causing the group of four to jump back.

Mr Davenport sighed. "Great, everything in the lab is now officially completely useless, and I don't have the money to fix any of it." He said as he dropped the screwdriver on the counter.

"I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting up with your antics for nothing." Leo said and Mr Davenport looked at him.

Bree then walked over. "Mr Davenport, take your time with the lab. I don't mind staying up here. I mean, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's start." She smiled as she sat next to Eliza.

"We don't have time. Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructures." Mr Davenport explained and Adam looked at him confused. "Huh?" He asked and Chase sighed.

"Let me help you. Capsule good!" He shouted and Adam nodded in understanding.

"But I haven't been in my capsule all week and I feel fine." Bree said. "Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire." Mr Davenport said.

"Do you know when exactly? Cause I have a haircut on Tuesday and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up looking like that train wreck." Adam said as he pointed to Chase who sighed.

"Ok, I get it. I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut. What else you got?" He asked and Adam shrugged. "How long do you have?" He asked and Leo's jaw dropped before he started laughing and Eliza and Bree also laughed.

"Look, the longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch." Mr Davenport said and Bree looked at him confused. "But Eliza doesn't need a capsule." She said and Mr Davenport nodded. "Well yeah. But since she had superpowers, she's able to control her bionics more. But don't use your bionics until I get enough money to rebuild the lab." He said.

"Uh oh! I feel a glitch coming on!" Adam said with a smirk before he turned and punched Chase in the shoulder.

"Ow!" Chase yelled as he rubbed his arm. "You know? I feel a glitch coming on too." He said before he punched Adam in the shoulder. "Hey! It's not funny when you hurt me, it's just cruel." He said before he left.

☆☆☆

"Okay everybody, family meeting time." Mr Davenport said as everyone gathered in the living room. Adam raised his arm as he sat down on the couch. "Adam, you don't have to raise your hand to speak. Just talk." Mr Davenport said to the boy.

"Oh, no, I've got nothing to say. I was just airing out my pits." Adam said as Leo, Eliza and Chase sat next to him. Eliza looked at him weirdly before she moved to sit on the other side of Leo.

"Anyway, the reason I called this meetings is because we need to make some cutbacks in the family budget. Starting with losing our cell phones." Mr Davenport said and Adam's jaw dropped.

"Did you not hear me? I just moved out of a basement! I need this phone." Bree said as she held her phone and Eliza looked at her. "What are you complaining about? I lived in an underground Man Cave." She said and Bree glared at her, making her shut up.