𝟎𝟒 | 𝐖𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚

"And you became the moonlight in my darkness..."

A S usual, Anabia and Adila khala were doing the house chores

A S usual, Anabia and Adila khala were doing the house chores. They were now preparing the lunch. Since yesterday, Anabia had felt Adila khala's behavior towards her a little cold. She wasn't as warm as used to be.

"Khala, ap mere se naraz hai ?" She asked, cutting the onions for the raita.

"Mein apse naraz kiyu hogi bahla ?" She coldly said.

"Khala, muhje nahi pata meine kiya kiha hai lekin apka bartaw muhje dukh de raha hai." Anabia said helplessly. She didn't have a lot of people in our life, except Mehraan and her Adila Khala.

"Anabia muhje to lakta tha ke app Allah ki bandi hai, uska rawf hai apko. Lekin yeh hijab to bas dikawa hai." Her words hurted her. Her hijab was her pride not some show off. Anabia felt her eyes getting moist despite the onions.

"Apka kiya bhol rahi hai, Adila khala ?" She asked genuinely confused.

"Kal app Mehraan sahab ke bahon me kiya kar rahi thi ? Cousin hai lekin phir bhi na-mehram hai apka. Wo to larka hai, kesi bi karke bach jaye ga, lekin ap par zindagi bhar ka dagh lag jaye ga." She bitterly made a judgment without knowing the entire truth.

"Allah ke ussol sab keliye barabar hote hai, khala. Larka yan larki yeh Allah nahi dekta. Wo bass gunnah dekta hai." She replied and stormed out of the kitchen. She was hurt by her khala's words. She should've asked her for an explanation instead of jumping to the conclusion.

"Oye manhoos. Come here." Shaiza said, pointing towards Anabia.

Anabia quickly wiped her tears and turned to her with a fake smile. "Ji ?"

"Do my pedicure and manicure. I was going to the parlour but my feet are hurting so do it for me." Shaiza ordered, picking her nail paint color.

"Me? But why would I-" Anabia was cut off by a voice.

"Shaiza what's this? She isn't your servant. She won't do your pedicure or manicure. Stop ordering her around." Mehraan said with a stern voice to his sister. He hated her behavior towards Anabia.

"But bhai..she can do it, it's no big deal." Shaiza argued back.

"Can you do Aqsa or Asma's work ?" He asked.

"Never! Why would I do their work ?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"Exactly. Anabia go in your room." Anabia nodded and was about to go downstairs when he stopped her.