Chapter 32 : tears

you can play the song 🎵

Takemichi POV
Hospital

they eventually took y/n out of the ambulance truck and quickly took her in..the workers were yelling to move out the way once running through the hallways.

...

...

Lady - I'm sorry but you can't keep going. please stay in the waiting room, we'll keep you updated.

Takemichi - .... *nobs* ....

i went to a nearby wall and started slipping downwards and bringing my knees to my chest..I quietly began crying, I kept blaming myself for everything...

why wasn't I quick ? why didn't I react faster ?!

Takemichi - silently crying*

***

Draken - stand up Takemitchy.

Takemichi - D-Draken !

Draken - be quiet this is a hospital. we have to go get checked out. cmon.

Takemichi - nobs*

***

Takemichi - sniffs*

Draken - stop crying, don't let Mikey see you this miserable.

Takemichi - *sniffs* I-I'm sorry...

Draken - you have nothing to apologize for, it wasn't your fault y/n gave up her self for me...of course once she wakes up she'll get scolded..*chuckles*

Takemichi - I guess you took a liking towards her... *sniffs*

Draken - of course, she's just misunderstood..but with the time we had hanging out in the festival together..she's different..

Takemichi - yeah sh-

      - Ken-chin.

I turned around and faced Mikey, he looked different.. his eyes weren't showing anything.

Draken - oh Mikey, I knew you would come.

Mikey - where is she ? 

Takemichi - she's on the 3rd floor in the ER... a-and she uhm she went to cardiac arrest...

I felt weak this time I knew I messed up so for the sake of my life I bent down and bowed in front of Mikey.... Draken told me a little of how much Mikey really likes
y/n, so I felt that the guilt of y/n being in the hospital should be put on me ...

Draken - hey woah Takemitchy what're you doing ? 

Mikey - this isn't your fault Takemitchy...stand up.

I looked at Mikey with now teary eyes... he helped me up since I didn't have the strength to stand up... he grabs my shoulder and tries to
comfort me.

Mikey - she's a tough one. I know she'll wake up... she won't die *smiles*

Mikey had his usual smile once again, that smile who shows nothing but sincere

Takemichi - *sniffs* r-right ! 

Mikey - cmon let's go meet with the others.

Draken - we'll meet you guys in a bit we have to get checked out.

Mikey - *nobs*

Mikey POV
some time later•

Mikey - ...

Mitsuya - Mikey, you good ? 

Mikey - yeah but try to keep it down guys this is a hospital.

Mitsuya - yeah...

Peh- M-Mikey... I'm sorry... I didn't-

Mikey - is alright..here I brought Dorayakis... I had extra with me.

Mitsuya - o-oh.

I went to a nearby seat to try and think about everything that went down in the parking lot today.

Hanma, Peh, Kyomasa, Ken-chin, Takemitchy...and y/n ...

Takemitchy knew Ken-chin was going to be attacked before anyone else did... but it turned out to be y/n... but how did he predict Ken-chin was the target in the first place ? and why did that Hanma bastard want y/n...is like he knew who she was to begin with...

***

I can't make it to the final answer...

this is really messing me up-

Draken - Mikey take a rest... go home.

Mikey - no I can't, I have to stay here.

Draken - *sighs*..

Takemichi - I'll stay with Mikey.

Draken - if you guys get kicked out is not my problem. Emma let's go...

Emma - coming, hey Hina let's go ! 

Hina - uhm yeah

Takemichi - wait Hina let me walk you out.

Hina - alright *smiles*

The four of them finally left me alone...as well as the Toman members..

Mikey - y/n ....

I curled up in a ball and started crying for a bit...I knew this was my only chance to cry it out before anyone else came...

8 minutes later...

Takemichi - M-Mikey ? 

Mikey - yeah ?

Takemichi - if your that tired go to sleep, I'll stay up don't worry, you look tired either way your eyes are red.

Mikey - ....

Takemichi - hey.. you should try and listen to your own words too you know !

Mikey - yeah...

and with that I went to sleep... I couldn't bear the thought of being up all night and think about y/n not making it...

Next day•