2.The Hamlet situation

I took the table next to the window of The Caffè thinking about the consequences of the deal and then suddenly I was smacked on the head from behind.

"Yeah mornin' to you to Mia"

"It's afternoon"

She sat opposite to me glaring at me with all her anger she could summon. I just smiled sheepishly at her

"Ah to hell with it. Can't be mad at you for long."

"I am really sorry I didn't respond to you fast."

"It's okay but what's the matter? You didn't sound good on the phone"

I brought out the photocopy of the will and put it on the table.
"Read it"

"What's this?" She flipped open the file and read it with each line she frowned deeper and deeper.

"Okay what the fuck is this?!"

"Well it's a will made by Duncan's grandfather."

"Yeah so why are you showing me this? "

"Mia I am might possibly be marrying in a month."

"What? Why you? But you are....Not you...what about Serena? "

"Well she's with Dave If you forgot."

"Is Duncan forcing you into this? I won't regret kicking his ass I swear. And I don't care if he sued me for that. This is ridiculous!!!"

"Mia listen to me first then you speak okay?"

"Yeah go ahead.."

" He is asking for my help. He isn't forcing me into this. If I don't agree with this. He'll lose it all. The whole Devon family will be on the road the very next day.Same with the Marc enterprises. They will face the same situation. If I say no it could be...very bad for them."

"So you are really considering this?"

I nodded my head slightly.

"And no way out of this? "

"Duncan said we will discuss this with the family lawyer. Till now nothing."

"Who are you marrying anyway?"

"The heir to the Marc enterprises. And I have no clue who he is."

"Hmmm,...what have you got yourself into Tiffy" Mia laughed dryly.

"I have no idea." I sighed staring down at my cup of coffee which was cold by now.

"Hey your phone's ringing Tiffany"

"Huh? What?..phone. ."
I unlocked my phone. It was Duncan's text.
The lawyer will come at 5 pm be here on time.
-Duncan

"I have to go home the lawyer will be there in half and hour"

"Oh okay. God it's 4:30 already?"

"Yeah."

After paying we both got out of the cafe.We were silent thinking about the same issue I guess. As I made to my scooter Mia called me back

"Tiffy, wait up"

I turned around with my helmet in my hand. "What?"

"You still have that scooter." She smiled.

" Yeah I bought with my own money from the summer jobs I worked. You know that."

"Tiffy come here" She opened her arms. I went and hugged her.

"God I don't know how you are going through this"

"I am fine maybe."

She pulled back and said "Any news about this immediately call me text me.Do whatever but don't keep to yourself.I am right here , you know that right?"

"I will talk to you tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah you do that."

"Bye."

"Bye!"

The gates of the mansion opened as I came through with my scooter. Brad the Duncan's head of security came
to receive me.

"Miss Tiffany the lawyer is here.Master Duncan is searching for you."

"Office room? "

"Yes ma'am. I'll take care of the scooter. "

"Thanks Brad."

He nodded in response.
I entered the house suddenly felt nervous about the whole scenario. Climbing up the stairs I just hoped that everything would be fine.As I reached the room I tapped at the door. Duncan opened the door and he sighed.

"I am sorry."

"It's okay you are home come in now."

I saw Mr Anderson sitting in his chair.His sparse hair was disheveled giving him a funny look.As I walk towards the conference table he smiled, acknowledging me.

" I am sorry for keeping you waiting, Sir."

"Oh no it's okay darling you came right on time.I just finished reading this."

I sighed looking at the will.
"Brilliant isn't it?" I sarc
commented.

He laughed at my comment."Oh yes it is."

I sat down next to Duncan. The next four hours we were discussing about the possibilities and limitations of the will.

Mr Anderson finally concluded.
"Duncan there is no other way out of this.This will was made taking into account of every possible situation. She could go through with the marriage and then after an year she could file for divorce. I see no possible solution.I am sorry."

Duncan massaged his head. I just got up from my seat and walked towards the huge arched window. While gazing out I could see the white fairy structured fountain and some golden lamps which graced the garden's path. Suddenly the lamps lights blurred and I realized I was crying.

What would have Mom done in this situation? What would she say? Oh god, this is a mess.Make the decision Tiffany it's now or never . Duncan will lose everything. He has provided for you till now.Imagine if you said no. The whole family would be on street. It would be so wrong when shelter would he taken away from them while all these years they gave you.

"I'll go through with it." I announced.

"What?!" Duncan exclaimed

"I said I'll do it." I turned around facing them.

"Tiffany are you sure? I am not forcing you,you know that right?"

"Yes I know."

"I think I should go now it's late now." Mr Anderson stated. "Good luck Tiffany."

I smiled.
"Thank you Mr Anderson.I think I'll go to my room.I am tired for now."

"Tiffany wait."

"Duncan. I am going through with it. I want to help you."
I really did. I owed him so much and I just couldn't turn my back on him.

"But-"

"It's going to be fine."
I smiled. He wanted to say more but he didn't

"I still don't know ,Tiffany." Duncan said.
"I still think I'll find another way."

"You don't have to. It's all decided. Besides it's just one year to deal with."

He kept silent. I knew he was conflicted but I understood. You can't be selfish.

"Good night Duncan."

"Good night Tiffany."

I  made my way to my room.Upon reaching my room I dropped on bed without changing.

This is it.

And with that thought I closed my eyes.