24.Her diary

I opened the diary again. It was really her diary. Her name scribbled in the corner.
She must have mistakenly left it behind while packing her belongings. I immediately got up deciding to return this diary. I looked at the diary again and sat down.
I wanted to read it. It was her personal diary but I still wanted to.

I opened the first page.

*Dear diary
It's been a month after Mom and Dad have passed away.
Dad says I can write to him whenever I wanted to while he and mom are away.
He says that you can send my messages to him so do tell him this that I am doing fine and  being strong as he said. I may not have brushed my teeth in the night (for one or two days) and I am sorry for that.
Oh yes and I am also at this place where there are many kids whose parents have gone to same place where Mom and Dad are gone. First it was weird but now it's fine I guess.
Miss Melanie is my new teacher and she teaches me all this stuff which my other teachers used to to teach me back at the old school. She is pretty cool and actually better. I have made some new friends too.
It's kinda funny I live in my own school.
How are you mom and dad?*

It was dated twelve years back.
This first entry roused my curiosity. It was when her parents had passed away in that unfortunate car accident. I could imagine an eleven year old Tiffany write in an corner
Shifting back at the bed I stuffed some pillows under my head to make it comfortable.
Dimming the lights I let the lamp beside the bed glow.

An hand poked me over and above very again which was getting annoying.

"Sir sir."

I ignored and kept on sleeping.

"Sir? sir please wake up sir."

"Ugh ...what is it?"

"Sir it's Mr Roberts  the call he wants to speak to you."

She gave me my phone and I said
"What do you want Jake?"

"You are sleeping! Whoa Boy what good did I do today?"

"Shut up and get to the bloody point."

"Well mister you set up a meeting with Mickelson today if you forgot. Why are sleeping so late? You always wake up early."

"None of your business."

"Well it is you ....Nevermind just get ready."

"You do that."

"Hey I got time you are the one who arrives an hour early all the time."

"Then why is the you are calling me up and nagging me?"

"Was I? I am really sorry then. Or maybe not."

"You're going- ."

"See you too."

The call  disconnected before I could complete. I massaged my head.
"Margaret do make me a strong coffee enough to keep my eyes popping open through the day."