10. Endearments

I got out of the cab staring at the old villa.The villa looked more like The Hanging Gardens of Babylon which was made of glass and wood .Three storeys tall it rested upon the bricky cliff and was sea facing. Trees adorned on its sides and the huge balcony stood out prominently. It was on the second storey where Duncan usually held the mini parties. Lined with steel railings and plants ot stood out like a ship's deck.
The cab driver helped me to pull out my bag and I thanked him . Turning around I saw Serena coming towards me .Her frilly sundress was flying and she caught it with her one hand while her other hand balanced her hat.

"You came early.What changed your mind?"

"I needed to go out. We could also start preparing."

"Good. Here give me your bag. All the staff is so busy we have a small party tonight."

"What party?!"

"Dad said it's a casual gathering nothing much."

"Oh....."

We walked up to the villa.I finally settled into my room which was on the second floor facing the sea. The sea water was different from back at Duncan's place.It was clear aqua blue and in the afternoon it was more bright. There were no windows with balcony but only huge white curtains which covered the glass.
I shifted the curtains and gazed out of the glass and smiled when I spotted two familiar figures playing in the white beach.

"Dave! Randy!" I shouted while walking towards them.

The two were diverted from their Frisbee game and Randy sprinted towards me.

"Hey Tiffy!!! Randy hugged me and I almost jerked back.

"Hey... Randy.You have got sand on your head." I dusted his headed.

"Tiffany." Dave came and hugged me.

"Congratulations again, Dave" I patted on his back.

"Thanks. So where is Zylen?" Dave winked at me.

He's on a business trip getting busy with a lady.

"He's on a business trip..." I almost blurted out about what kind of business he was doing but refrained from saying.

"Oh when will he return?" This time it was Randy.

"I don't know it's a really important one so he is quite busy."

Really quite busy.

"Oh that's alright he will come soon." Dave said.

"Yeah me too." I sighed. "Anyway can I join the game?"

"Yeah!!!" They both shouted.

We played in the beach and then returned to the villa.As we entered inside the hall we saw Serena approaching towards.

"Oh I was going to call you guys..Get ready now."

The party was going smoothly with the soft music playing in the background added to its charm but in reality I was getting bored. Standing near the one of the artifical black twigged trees put up I was playing with off white lights which hung like fruits over it and gave a sort of reflection on the glass.In the reflection glass I saw a red figure approaching towards me.

"From what collection are you wearing that dress?"

I turned around to see a beautiful dye blond lady with her hip cocked to one side giving me a tight forced displaying her whitened teeth and full plum colored lips.She was wearing a deadly cleaved gown and her 3 inch heels clicked on the floor.

"Good evening to you to,Glendora."

"It looks eh...earthy." She checked me from up to down.

I was wearing a simple olive green knee length dress with half sleeves folding at the elbow and just a inch high black sandals which Serena gave.The only jewelry I wore was my ring and my mother's silver chain.