30. The unseen

I hadn't give up my hope on finding Tiffany. Everything was against me to find her but I still didn't lose hope. All the little clues I could find led me to nowhere near her. The only logical reason I could come up with is that she might have shifted to another branch of her office in some other city. Each
day I woke up with a brand new hope that I would find her but at the end of the day I would exhaust and tumble down on the bed.

Ten in the morning and I was still in my boxers. I had a mild head ache but that was nothing compared to the heaviness I felt down in my heart. I took out the diary and started scanning it again looking for a sign, a clue, anything.
There's one thing I realized that she never wrote in the diary she never wrote directly what she desired in the diary. It were mostly rants, or questions, or observations but they made them clear enough. The diary was a person not a wishlist notepad. I stared at the diary for a while. I was envious. I was jealous how she could tell everything to the diary but would never open up to me. Sometimes I wished if she would magically appear right in front of me so that I would wrap her in my arms even if it were for a second.

"Where is he? I swear that..." I could hear Jake's grumbling in the corridor. Margaret must have allowed him inside. I hid the diary well and then waited for him to find him.

"Ah mister there you are! Why do you have so many rooms? Just sleeping in any room."

"Hmm."

"God it's like college all over again. Remember the time when I kicked you out of your bed, like literally."

"And then you had a bleeding nose."

"Yeah that too. C'mon get ready."

After a while we were in my car headed towards the office. I sat silent mostly drifting which I couldn't help being now.

The hours passed by easily due to work. Jake and I had tried everything to gather information about her but I still couldn't find her.
I had finally decided to resort to last option which I didn't like.

"It's really shady to do that you know." Jake seemed hesitant.

I was a one call away to call a number which I didn't want to.
I stared too long at the phone screen.

"We only call him when u we have to hunt. I don't think.."

"That it is a good idea?! Dammit what option has she left me with."
I clutched hard at my chair. I was so angry all of a sudden. I was dead tired, exhausted, frustrated, and what not. She had no right to just dissappear like this make my life a living hell. Somehow she managed to torture. It was either her presence or absence.

"I am reaching my limit!"

"Zylen we will find her."

"When?!"
In a fit of anger I threw the chair aside. It rattled and clattered which only made me feel more agitated.

"Stop throwing stuff for god sake!" Jake gripped me hard and pushed me away.

We were silent for a while. I had sat down and was breathing hard. The rage in me was just keeping boiling over and over threatening to spill. I dug my nails into the cushion of the chair trying not to shout out loud.

Still I went ahead set up the meeting with the man. I usually called him when I suspected some dirty business. He was good with his skills but I didn't want him to use it on Tiffany.

"So this one is a soft target." He said with a greasy tone.

"She is a person of interest. You don't use your methods on her otherwise I will ensure that your life is ruined."

"Mr Marc you know me since a very long time.I wouldn't mess with you.

I looked away.
"I am still warning you. Just find her. If I find out anything twisted you know what I'll do."

"Trust me I wouldn't. Must be quite a lady to keep you so knotted."

All sorts of questions and apprehensions ran in my brain. It felt wrong to do but it was my last resort. I had to be precise but be careful enough not to hurt her.
My phone rang breaking the tension in the room and Jake handed me over my phone.
I slide right to answer the call and woman spoke from the other side.

"Hello I am speaking to Mr.Zylen Marc?"

"Yes this is him."

"Sir I am here calling from the Barnes hospital."

"Yes?"

"I am calling to inform you that Mrs Tiffany Marc had met with an accident and she has been admitted. Her condition is critical and she is in surgery."

"........."

The nurse ranted off something but I was too dazed to hear.
Everything blurred in front of me and I collapsed in my chair.
I couldn't hear a thing although I could make out Jake speaking on my phone.
I didn't feel well.

"Yes sure Alright thanks ma'am."
He cut the call and look towards me. The man was dismissed long ago.

"Zylen!"
I stood up back again trying to keep my head straight but again I collapsed into the chair. My head stirred badly and my exhausted body had finally answered.

"Zylen! You okay? Here have some water. Jesus."

"This...isn't...good."
I threw my coat aside and opened half the buttons of my shirt.
When I finally calmed down physically I got up. I was really drained but I had to make some calls.

"Hey whoa sit down. Rest for a while."

"No you don't understand! I need to make some calls. I need to go see her now."

"You haven't slept a wink. Look at yourself, you look pathetic. Just sleep for a while."
It's true that I hadn't slept. Two hours here three hours there.
All my days and nights were spent like this. It was all because of Tiffany. Her very name caused my ache. Both inside and outside.

"I know what to do. I'll make the calls alright. Just sit down for a while. Let me do this. Enough running and worrying."

I unwillingly sat down as my body ached for rest.
I could she land up like that.
My mind was filled with thoughts of her lying cold still in hospital. What if she was bleeding too much? I tried to get up again but a hand stopped me.
I didn't want to think too much about it. It'd really hurt.
My body heard me because I soon drifted away.