3. Memories that call

*Dear diary,
Yesterday I made an important decision in my life. In the bid of helping Duncan I agreed to the arranged marriage. I don't know if I took the right decision or not or I did in hasteness it's done. There is no turning back now. All I know I won't regret it ever no matter how much trouble it may cause in the future (or may not). I am just repaying him. This could be right*

I checked the clock and it was 10:37 am.
I must have been really tired yesterday.

I went to the bathroom and freshened up. Dressed up in a black and white striped T shirt and high waist skinny blue jeans.While putting my flip flops I struck that I forgot to call Mia.
I think I'll just mail her.

It took me fifteen minutes to summarize yesterday's events in the mail also stating my decision and the reason behind it.
Hope she doesn't go crazy about this.

Satisfied I switched off my laptop and rushed downstairs.
As I came down I was tackle to the ground by my smaller step brother who is just 12 years old.

"God Randy you didn't have to do that!"

"Sssstttiiiiiffffffffyyyyy!!! I missed you!"

I got up dusting myself and also helped him to get up handed him his specs.Brunette hair and gray eyes he was too cute for a 12 year old.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I am. You didn't miss me?"

"Come here you." I got him in a bear hug.I was close to Randy I had been there since he was born and loved to play with him when he was a baby (still is a baby). Strangely, I grew close to him.

"So what did you get from Dubai for me?"

"Oh you don't know how many things mom bought for all of you.I even got this latest model of The transformers which I couldn't get! I am so happy I finally found it!And..."

Randy was interrupted by a lady's voice. ..My foster mother. .

"Tiffany, you are back!"

A petite lady about 5'3" in 3 inch heels walked towards me. She had honey blonde hair creamy skin and the same grey eyes as Randy's.

"Bend a little honey I need to hug you."

I gave her a quick hug and retracted back as soon as I could.

"How are you? When is college opening again?"

"Have my finals in four days.."

"Oh honey you'll do good."

"Yes I hope so."I smiled faintly.

"Claire, Randy." We all looked towards Duncan who came down the stairs

"Tiffany."

"Hey dad! Randy ran towards his father and hugged him.

"Hon' "

Claire softly pecked Duncan on his lips and they got lost in each other. It's was amazing to see such kind of love which never grew old. As I watched on the little family reunion I had a flashback.

"Mom I don't want to eat broccoli."
"Sweety you'll have to eat this it's good for health. It'll make you beautiful and strong " "Why can't I just have some pizza?" "Sweety please listen to me"
"Where's Dad?" "He is on his way honey" "I'll ask him then. "
"Did somebody say pizza because I really want one!" "Dad!!!"
"Let's have pizza tonight then." "You ruining her Harold" "Daughters are meant to be pampered by their fathers" "Now you'll not be beautiful " "Oh I know I will look beautiful because when I grow up I'll look just like you" "Yeah you are right about that Tiffy." "Mom you are blushing! ...okay no kissing in front of me
No.no no oh ew"

"Tiffany, Tiffany! "

I jumped at my place . Duncan was staring at me with confusion. I just shrugged.

"I am going for a walk in the garden."

"What's that in your hand?" Randy gestured at my diary and tried to take it from my hand.

"Well those are my college notes, Randy.I'll see you guys later."

As I was going out Brad joined me asked "Are you going out Miss Tiffany? Should I get the scooter? Or the car?"

"Oh no Brad I am just going for a walk in the garden. No need to do that and thank you.And Brad how many times have I told you to call me Tiffany? "

He smiled and said. "Okay....mi.. i mean Tiffany."

I grinned at his attempt to cover up his mistake.I continued my way towards the garden. After the garden there was this small lake which I surrounded by many trees and had these multicolored pebbles which were flattened.This atea was the best part if the backyard. I finally sat down resting my back against the tree.

* Claire and Randy came back from their trip today. Randy was so excited that he tackled me to the ground. The kid is so adorable. Duncan is such a lucky man to have such a beautiful and content family. I saw the way Claire and Duncan stared at each other. They clearly missed each other and still are so much in love. The family reunion took me down the memory lane of my childhood days. I am observing these days I miss my parents more than the usual. Maybe because of the decision I took. I was nervous and my mother knew the best way to calm me down. I really did need her.*

My phone all of sudden blared. I switched it on.

"Read my mail?"

"Yes I did.Unlike you." Mia sarcastically added.

"Will you just drop it?"

"Okay okay chill I was teasing you. You doing this finally?"

"Yeah I am sure. I have to do it."

"When will be the wedding?"

"Well after the finals. Not before that. It's within the one month time limit anyway. Can we talk about something else?"

"Yeah why not?"

I talked to her for an hour or so arguing about random stuff. Later on we said our goodbyes and ended the call.I went back to the house to my room. And started studying for my upcoming finals.

~☆Author's note☆~
The paragraphs marked with a strick (*) is what Tiffany writes in her diary.
So how is it till now? The story is little slow paced in event aspect so please bear with it. I am open to to suggestions and please do vote. It will encourage me to write further.
Waiting for your responses.