32.Blue days

During the visiting hours I was the first person to enter her room and the last one too leave.
She still didn't wake up. All of her  family was here. Duncan and Claire were heartbroken to hear about the incident. They couldn't last two minutes inside her room when the first visited her. Serena was already due in a month. She told me that. Tiffany's condition had gotten everybody worried.

"Where is she?! where is she?"
A woman's voice demanded.

I got up and looked at Jake but he was already there opening the door.
I couldn't see her but she seemed anxious.
Jake immediately engulfed her in his arms, hugging her tightly. They whispered too each other.

"I want to see her."

"Mia...you shouldn't." He hesitated.

"Jake."
He unwillingly left her and then I saw her. Her face turned pale and then she burst out in tears. Jake stepped ahead to comfort her but then she ran towards me and hugged me.

"Zylen I am so sorry. I don't know what to say to you."

"Don't."
I tried to comfort her but I couldn't.
Jake pulled her away taking her out of the room.

And in all this she remained unaware and still just lying there.

___________________

In the coming days everyone came to visit her. I tried sending them back but they wouldn't leave.
Even my stubborn father and mother wouldn't leave. I wanted to take care of Tiffany by myself.

I bought myself an another round of coffee from the vending machine. I just turned the corner and saw Xavier talking the doctor.

"He came in a while ago while you went to freshen up."
Jake said.

"I should go and talk to him."

"Zylen just be careful when you talk with him alright . Please "

"Hmm." I sipped on my coffee and went ahead.
I walked towards them and Xavier shifted in his place. I smiled at the doctor and thanked him again. He took his leave after.

"Good to see you Xavier."

"You too Mr Marc." He replied back. He looked uncomfortable.
"She's doing fine till now although she is still delicate
the doctor said."

"Yes I know. I came here a week before."
I glared at him.
"How was your journey? Did you find it difficult to come here?"

"No not all."

"No the traffic must be really bad since it took you a week to come here."

"Mr Marc I know you are angry but that doesn't mean you should-"

"And what kind of employer are you who isn't even concerned about their employee's health condition?"

"Tiffany's absence has affected the project she was working on so therefore I had to clear out the matters."

"Yeah right."

"You're being unreasonable."

"Your carelessness has almost costed her life."

"Ah ah I think we should cool down and settle down like gentlemen."
Jake intervened in between pulling me away. I threw the coffee in the waste bin.

"I am so proud of you that you didn't use the coffee on him but your words still did it."

"I was not being mean to him at all."

"I know."

"I swear I'll sue him if anything happens to her."

"Let's not talk about that. Okay?"