8.Knowing Margaret

I was there in my room's balcony staring down waiting for him to get inside his car.After the car drove off I came out of my room and went towards the kitchen. The kitchen was not a normal kitchen but more like the professional kitchen of the restaurant. I opened some cupboards in the hope of getting some jar of cookies or something but i found nothing like that.

"Hi there do you need something? "

I jumped at my spot I turned around to see a small curly haired brunette woman in her mid forties smiling at me warmly with her hands clasped in front.

"I just wanted something to eat.....I am Tiffany."

"I know that Mrs Marc. I am Margaret, the housekeeper."

I was rooted at my spot.She had called me Mrs Marc.

"Please call me Tiffany.You are older than me I feel odd."

She laughed at that.
"Okay Tiffany you are hungry? Should I make something for you?"

"Yes please." I said. She nodded and proceeded to the huge fridge.

"Hey Margaret is it okay if I watch you while you cook.I don't know how to cook except for the packed stuff which you just have to boil and all."

"I could teach you.It would be nice."

'Thank you! So what are we making today?"

"Curried sausages?"

"Okay."

Margaret instructed me to get the ingredients from cupboards. While she prepared the sausages she told me to cut the vegetables.
I had barely finished cutting an onion and a carrot she observed me.

"You are doing good."

"Thanks."

She joined me and started cutting an onion.She chopped it at such a incredible speed I thought she would cut her fingers in the process.The onions were sliced in a neat manner.

"How did you learn to cut like that?"

"I used to work in a restaurant before."

"Why did you leave it?"

"Mr Marc was offering me 5 times my original pay so I couldn't say no.I had to take it.At that time my children were in college and I needed money for their education."

"How old are they?"

"I have a son and a daughter.They both are 28."

"What about your husband? " I was curious to know that how could she manage all byherself.

"That man is dead".
And the pan hissed as Margaret put some oil in it.
I was taken aback by the way she said it.She didn't feel any remorse while saying it.

She looked at me and she knew what I was thinking.

"I know you must be thinking that why don't I feel sad or regret his. death. He wasn't a good man.Use to drunk so much.The neighbors always complained about him."

I just kept on staring at her.I was keen to know more about her.

She sighed and continued.
"I was nineteen when I was married off to him. Had two children.At a point he started hitting us too.The alcohol killed him.He died a few years ago."

"I am sorry to hear that."

"I am not.After his death I found out he was drowning in depths,duped a couple of people.It took me a long time to clear everything."

It was stunning to hear all of this.Even after so much she survived it and was capable of providing for her two grown up children.

" It's ready." She announced.

I got out two plates and served the curried sausages before she could do it. We sat on the kitchen's platform and digged into our sausages.

I tasted it.It had turned out pretty good.
"This is amazing." I said.

"Glad you liked it."

"It's amazing how you got through with all of this Margaret."

"I couldn't just stop working just because of him.I fell in love with my children.That was enough to drive me."

We were silent for a while. She spoke again.

"You and Mr Marc would have beautiful children."

I looked at her and smiled but I didn't mean it.
If only she knew.

"When does he come back anyway?"

"He works very hard.He goes at 9 and returns by 10 in the night.Some days he doesn't come home."

"Hey Margaret I have an another favor to ask you."

"Hmm sure go ahead."

"I have a job interview tomorrow and I don't know what to wear. Can you help me?"

"Yeah sure why not."

We went into my room and and opened the boxes.She helped me unpack.During this time I got to know her better. We finally decided that I would wear a half sleeved maroon shirt with grey trousers and the same black Belle shoes.

"At what time is the interview?"

"10 am." I replied while folding a shirt.

"If you need me I'll be in the kitchen.I have to prepare for the dinner"

"Thanks Margaret.I had a great time today."

"Your welcome.Me too." She smiled and then closed the door behind her.

The rest of the day I didn't leave my room. I prepared for the interview watched some TV. Later on I was sitting in the balcony looking at the stars.

*Dear diary,
Today I met Margaret,the house keeper. She seemed like a nice person and also taught me how to make curried sausages. Margaret had a tough life.Just like me she had an arrange marriage but she had two kids. However her husband was not a good man. An alcoholic abusive man who hit his wife and kids. His bad ways led him to his own death and Margaret didn't regret it at all.I found it confusing that why didn't she leave him.She told me it was because of the children. It was stunning to know how she managed to bring up her kids well all byherself. She also told me that Zylen had actually funded for her children's college education with it his help she couldn't do it.I was kind of shocked by hearing this. I didn't see him as a charity man but then again I barely know him . She thinks he and i would have beautiful children. Margaret still doesn't stop working she says she has to repay him for helping her. I found she and I had and lot of common things. There was a lot to discover and learn.*

~☆Author's note☆~
I intially was going to start of with something different but then I thought of writing this. People who are reading I hope you liked it.Just an another chapter and then things will start to take off.
So the people who are really reading this keep on reading. Also once again I am asking for your votes shares but it would be better if you guys commented as how this book is till now (the errors will be corrected later).
Still waiting.......