15.The lies we say

"How'd you get that cut?"

I glanced at my hand with which I held my spoon. Today the whole family was having breakfast together. It happened for the first time ever since we got here. Even Zylen was seated right beside me.
When Serena asked that question he paused.

" I uh..I ..broke a glass. I broke a glass cut my hand while cleaning."

"Is it deep ,dear?" Claire asked her forehead creased.

"No, it's just like a papercut not exactly but yeah..." And I shut up before I would fumble.

"Okay. So how are the wedding preparations Serena?"

"Fine today I have to check out the wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses with Tiffany."

"Today?"

" Yeah today. You don't remember? We both made the schedule together Tiff."

"Right. Yes....umm.. I do remember."

"You need to put reminders in your phone if you keep on forgetting stuff. I mean I am getting married in two and a half weeks. And..."

"Two and half weeks?"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"You said two and a half weeks suddenly."

"Oh." I stopped to think that why i said it aloud. "
Yeah that..some work related stuff I just remembered."

"What? Work related stuff?"
She shook her head and said
"You are not paying attention to me. Seriously Tiffany.."

"I am-."

"Girls discuss this later."
Duncan interrupted. Serena half glared at me and was little bit confused too.
When I saw Zylen he was unfazed by what was going on.
The two and half weeks reminded me about our upcoming anniversary and divorce. Funny both are at the same time and to top it Serena's wedding. I hope he remembered about it. I will have to talk about it to him soon.But I am scared that how would he react to it. Of course he wouldn't be angry about it he must be eagerly waiting for this marriage to be over soon. As for I. I just didn't know. How would it matter what I thought about it. I couldn't deviate from our original plan because I was the one who suggested it anyway. No matter what we have to do it.

"What are you thinking Tiffany?" Dave tapped on my shoulder as everybody was leaving the table.

"Nothing." I simile

"You fine?"

"Yeah I am." I got up half smiling

"How's everything going with Serena?"

"Ah she's a little cranky these days but it's alright.What about you though?" He put an arm on my shoulder.
"You and Zylen?"

"Yeah we are alright."
I had to talk to him at least remind him.
"I need to talk to him ?" I whispered
"I think he just left for work."

Leaving Dave I walked, half ran and then walked again. I was about to call for him but the doors were closing and through a slight gap I saw him for a moment he turned slightly behind stating at me with those deep eyes which didn't let anything get through them and then I couldn't see them anymore the gap closed, the doors shut.

"Shit." I cussed softly. I will have to talk to him later but when I had no idea. We barely got any time.

Serena and I were in her car on the way to see her dress and the others. I avoided any argument and tagged along with her on the dress hunt. The car stopped and we got out of the car. I went ahead but a hand stopped me.