08. Tsuzumi Mansion

"Hey! That hurts! Stop it! Stop it!" The girl kept hitting the male over and over again. I know I must do something, but I didn't know what that something was. He was harassing her first but this is just.....too much?

"H-hey, calm down!" Tanjiro tried his best to gently stop the lady on her continuous assault.

The yellow haired male screamed from sadness and pain.

'Isn't he a demon slayer? How did he pass the Final Selection? He must have some skill but acts like an idiot.'

"When did I ever say that I loved you? You were crouched on the side of the road looking ill, all I did was make sure you were okay!"

"You mean you didn't reach out to me because you were worried about me out of love?"

"I'm already engaged, so definitely not! With all that energy, you must be fine now! Goodbye!" She then turned and walked away.

"W-wait, come back! Come..."

"Look, cut it out."

"Wh-Why'd you get in my way? This has nothing to do with you!"

"What's with that look on your face? Stop that! Why are you staring at me like I'm a creature or something? Hey, you! Take responsibility! It's all your fault that I missed out on marriage!"

.

.

.

.

"Say something! Listen up! I'm going to die soon! During my next job! I'm horribly weak, okay? No exaggeration! You'd better protect me until I manage to get married, all right?"

"I don't understand.." Those small words were able to bring their attention to me.

"You say you're horribly weak, but you were able to pass the training of a demon slayer as well as the Final Selection. If you were able to do both of those and even obtain the uniform of the demon slayer, why do you conclude you're weak." The boy looked at me like I was some type of god, but I ignored it and kept going.