22. Unexpected

"So you think my eyes are beautiful, huh?" The male teased, as the other continues to face away.

"I was just returning the compliment, okay?! That's all!"

"Aw, so you didn't mean it.."

The Hashira faked his sadness and disappointment.

"No, wait I-"

The Shadow Breather sighed, "Maybe.....I did mean it." He crossed his arms and looked away again.

"Awww! Who knew you'd be such a big softy."

"I'm not soft!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say."

Taiyun and Melody left Aki to his struggled flirting a while ago, but at least they gave him a thumbs up before they left.

*

"Um, (M/n), I have sort of a personal question."

"Okay, ask away."

"Do you remember how you got turned into a demon?"

"...."

"You don't have to answer. I was just curious. If it's too personal, you don't have to answer."

"I....wasn't exactly born a demon. I'm a demon hybrid. Half human, half demon, which explains half the reason the sun doesn't bother me."

"I've never heard of that."

"I know." The male giggled.

"My mother had some very..... interesting genes. You see, when I turned 18, my body started going through....changes. My mother told me it was puberty and that may be true, but I was weirdly craving blood and human flesh. So, because I felt dangerous, I told her."

"She told me that I was turning into a demon, and that these cravings were normal for them. She said that she was cursed by The Demon King, Muzan. The curse was that his blood will transfer to her offspring."

"My brother was lucky to slip by the curse, but I was not so lucky. And as soon as I turned 18, I changed into a demon." The male frowned.

"But even in that fact, I still tried to show my mother that I was planning on having a good life, so she didn't have to live in guilt."

"Wait, brother? You never told me you had a brother."

"You never asked." (M/n) smirked.

"He was a dork. A dork that I loved closely. He was a powerful Demon Slayer and was on his way to reaching Hashira rank. But he was killed by Hashira."

"Hashira?!"

Aki was surprised. Hashira killing a Demon Slayer! It wasn't unheard of but, it's cruel.

"Yep. My mom ran a sanctuary, one that held no segregation between humans and demons. My father quickly notified the Hashira once the place grew in size."

"Once they showed up, everybody was getting slaughtered. Humans and Demons alike were dying. My mother died from the slaughter, same with my brother." (M/n) gave Aki a pained filled smiled.

"If it wasn't for my bodyguard, I would've been dead."

".......I...I'm sorry I asked...."

"Oh, It's fine. Everyone has to relive their bad memories someday. Even when they don't want to."

"........"

"Alright! Now that that's over, let's begin training!"

"Huh?"

"Yep! I can tell you haven't mastered Total Concentration Breathing which will help a lot in upcoming battles. So prepare for the next coming weeks....cause I'm about to give you hell in every single one..."

"Oh, shi-"

MANY WEEKS LATER...

"My.....you sure look like a man now." The Maiden smirked. After weeks of training from both Shinobu and (M/n), Aki looked a lot buffer than he was before.

"What did I look like before?" Aki chuckled.

"A loveable wimp."

Both Aki and (M/n) were positioned at different ends of the Maiden Training Grounds.

"So, you plan on showing me something fun?"

"I want to show you my newfound power."

"Really? Let's see how powerful you really are!" In the blink of his eye, (M/n) was already close to his face. Aki jumped away and pulled out his daggers in the process.

(M/n) still advanced and jumped high in the sky. In midair, he uses his heel and clashes with the ground. It created a big crater with a powerful shockwave that blew Aki back, but he caught himself.

"Your reflexes have gotten better."

(M/n) continued his rather unusual attacks. He went for fakeouts, mind games, and flanks.

"Blood Demon Art: Blossoming Heels!" (M/n)'s legs shun (f/c) and continued his attacks on Aki. It was getting harder for him to block since the Demon Art empowered his legs.

(M/n) kicked Aki hard in the face, but his figure disappeared.

"Huh?" Before he knew it, Aki cut off (M/n)'s arm.

"Shadow Breathing: 4th Form, Spiteful Mirage.." He whispered.

The arm grew back at amazing speeds.

"Blood Demon Art: Blossoming Heels, Acrobatic Ballet Spin!" (M/n) did a handstand and spreaded out his legs. He quickly spun around in high speeds, creating a powerful wind that pulled Aki in.

'It's like my Black Hole.' Once Aki was close, (M/n) put force into his arms and launched himself off the ground. His feet collided with Aki's stomach, but Aki didn't move an inch.

Aki grabbed (M/n)'s legs and threw him in a random direction.

"Shadow Breathing: 5th Form, Gale Slashes!" Aki sent multiple purple colored slashes to (M/n). He was able to dodge some, but others cut him deep.

"I can't regenerate properly, that's new. I must hand it to you, Aki. You've really met my taste." (M/n) pulled out his fan and dashed to Aki.

Their weapons clashed as they looked at eachothers eyes. Aki backed away from the clash and tried an attack on (M/n).

"Maiden Breathing: 7th Form, A Maiden's Gratitude!" (M/n) misdirected Aki's blades and a armored woman appeared behind him with a huge sword.

The woman went for Aki's neck. He couldn't dodge it. The sword concurred too much ground. The blade stopped inches from Aki's neck.

"You did good Aki. You really surprised me today." The Hashira smiled, making the giant woman disappear.

"Damn it! I thought I had you this time." Aki yelled, gripping his hair.

"You did amazing! You showed me that you have tricks 8f your own. I'm proud."

"Thanks." Aki blushed, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"I really wanted to train today because Tanjiro and the others are supposed to be going on a mission in a few days with Rengoku....I didn't want to be a bother or dead weight, so I endured your training."

"Aki, you're not dead weight. Never was, never will be. Also, you didn't just endure my training, you learned from it."

"Yeah....I guess I did.."