The Maiden Town Arc #2

"Melody, let's try this one!" Taiyun awed at the fish in the pool.

"Y'know we're here for a demon, right?" Melody reminded, putting her hands on her hips.

"Uh-huh." He said, still looking at the fish.

"We're not supposed to be playing games!"

"Your just saying that cause you'll lose if you played against me." Taiyun smirked, raising his eyebrows.

"....Is that a challenge?.."

"What do you think?"

"Oh, it's on."

**
"We have three hours until it's full dark." Aki whispered.

"I have an idea. Can we head to the main office?"

"Of course, Dove."

*
"You want us to what?" The co-leader of Maiden Town asked.

"I want you to evacuate the town and travel to Maiden Mansion. There are a bunch of unpopulated houses there and you'll be safe."

"Are you sure we'll make it before dark?"

"Yes. There's no doubt. On the path back, I had Maiden Slayers follow us to escort you safely back to Maiden Mansion."

Aki was shocked to hear this. He didn't see any Slayers.

"Alright, Master (M/n). I'll make the announcement."

**
2 HOURS LATER...

"It seems everyone has evacuated."

"Good. We'll be putting them in danger if they stayed."

"Would the demon even show themselves if they're no humans around?"

"No. That's why we search. I'm starting to feel a presence. It's coming from this house..let's go."

Aki and (M/n) started running to the home, only for the presence to dissappear.

"Huh?"

"What happened?"

"The presence dissappear all of a sudden."

The presence reappeared and disappeared again.

"Is it playing with us?" (M/n) muttered.

"Dove?"

(M/n) turned to Aki to see Aki being dragged underground by quicksand.

"A-Aki?!" (M/n) grabbed Aki's hand and tried to pull Aki out the sand, but he didn't budge.

(M/n) sensed a presence but he didn't let go of Aki's hand, until (M/n)'s arm was cut off.

"W-wha-"

"Geez...I got tired off looking at your sad attempt of saving your friend." The mysterious male voice hissed.

The male looked familiar.

His blond hair, his sharp teeth, his strong figure, and his yellow eyes that read 'Upper 5'.

"So this 'is' your town, (M/n). How lucky am I?" The demon cruelly smirked.

"Somori?!"

Aki was fully gone as his body was submerged underground.

Aki's presence was sensed somewhere else.