32. Long Night

Disclaimer: This is sort of a long chapter because I have to finish Season 2 of Demon Slayer and move onto Season 3. I've been on this Season way too long.
————————————————————
NO ONE POV
—————————————
"So the action begins tonight, huh? We're so close to the conclusions, but Tengen and his mice have yet to return my fans. Did he put them in a spot that wasn't meant to be found? Don't tell me that he only needed me for my senses, and disarmed me of my weapons so I won't attack the demon if I came into contact." M/n frowned, removing the Oiran clothes from his body. He wiped all the makeup on his face off with a white cloth, and took off the earrings that he also wore.

"If my senses are correct, Daki is in the same department that Tanjiro is held in. However, I don't sense Tanjiro's presence near. It seems that Tanjiro failed to realize that Daki was eyeing them during his departure." M/n sighed, putting on his unique Demon Slayer uniform.

"We're all over the place. Inosuke left his post, Zenitsu is missing, Uzui is still focused on his wives, and Tanjiro left a bystander completely unguarded for Daki to consume. And considering that I can barely capture her presence, Daki had already captured her. Can't really complain, however. At least they have their weapons." The Maiden Hashira clicked his tongue, opening the sliding door that led out his room.

M/n sighed again, "It's risky, but I don't have a choice. A Hashira isn't supposed to be useless in battle..." Something protruded from M/n's palm, and he looked at it with a smile. It was a hook that slowly ejected from M/n's palm, and he firmly grasped it. He pulled it back, and the weapon came whole out of his hand.

It was a parasol. His mother's parasol.

'Back when I gave the parasol back to mom. I felt a sensation. A sensation that made me cry for the first time in years when the parasol vanished into thin air. I never understood the cause of that sensation until now. The feeling was my mother's spirit, and she intertwined her parasol into my being. She made me the new owner of her parasol. And I guess I cried since that was her final gift to me....'

"Thank you, mom. I will use this to bring down those stupid demons." The Hashira dashed off, silently hoping that Tanjiro will be okay. He was running so fast that the halls seemed like blurs, and he was out of his department in no time.

"Now, let's go save that bystander. And maybe even Tanjiro." M/n mumbled the last bit with a small chuckle; then he dashed off, leaving a glowing flowery trail behind.

The Hashira knows that he's quite the distance away from Tanjiro's location, so he took the quick way. He jumped on the rooftops of the building, and continued his run to Tanjiro's sensed location.

In the brief moment of passing, he could sense Inosuke. The boar's presence was heading below ground, and the Hashira smirked.

"It seems that Boar knows how to comprehend! That makes things so much easier!" When M/n got closer to Tanjiro's location, he saw that the Demon Slayer was actually handling himself in the air against Daki. Tanjiro deflected Daki's belt attacks with his Water Breathing Technique, and he managed to actually cut one of the belts, which caused blood to pour from the separation.

As retaliation to the attack, Daki went to land a physical attack on Tanjiro. Tanjiro blocked the attack with his sword, but the force of the attack sent Tanjiro back to the ground, and Tanjiro firmly landed. He looked towards upper six, and held his sword tightly to ready himself for another of their attacks.

Daki landed softly on the ground in contrast to Tanjiro, and she eyed the Demon Slayer with a smile. "Color me impressed. Your aerial combat isn't half-bad, and you carefully cut away Koinatsu from my belt. Very fine sword-work indeed." Daki complimented.