18. The Beauty of a Male Maiden

"Also, there's something I'd like to relay to you, my children. Tanjiro here has crossed paths with Kibutsuji."

The Hashira gasped.

"No, impossible! Even when no Hashira has ever crossed paths with him? You mean this kid...What did he look like? What about his abilities? Where was he?" Tengen jumped Tanjiro with question within the process of shoving Mitsuri down.

"Did you battle him?"

"What was Kibutsuji doing? Did you find his lair? Hey, answer me!" Sanemi demanded, gripping his hair and shaking it harshly.

"Shut up! I asked him first! First, tell us about his abilities!"

"Sanemi, stop! You won't questions out of him if you keep shaking his head like that!" The Maiden Hashira scolded.

The Wind Hashira reluctantly stopped but kept pressure on Tanjiro's head. The Master lifted his finger to his mouth and silenced all the Hashira.

"Kibutsuji has sent pursuers after Tanjiro. Though his purpose may simply be to silence him, now that Kibutsuji's shown his tail and we've grabbed it, I don't want to let go. I also believe that something's happening to Nezuko that Kibutsuji never saw coming. Can you try to understand?"

"No, I do not understand, Master. If it were human, I'd be OK with letting it live, but not a demon! Not after all that we, the Demon Slayers have gone through in battle! Not after so many people have lost their lives! It's unacceptable!"

Sanemi then does the unthinkable. He takes his sword, and cuts his arm.

'Well damn, now you have a new scar.'

"Master! I will prove it to you myself! The sheer ugliness of a demon! "

"Sanemi..."

The male roughly moved the downwards and step on it. Using the hole he created earlier with his sword allowed blood to go into the box.

"Hey, demon! It's time to eat! Sink your teeth into this! No need to hold back. Just show us your true colors, and I'll obliterate you right here!"

"Nezuko!"

"Shinazugawa, it's no good doing it in sunlight. We have to go into the shade, or the demon won't show its face."

'You fucking snake!'

"Master, please forgive this discourtesy. " He then jumped over into the shade with the box that contained the demon. He threw the box down, walked over to it, and stabbed through it again.

"Stop it!" Tanjiro yelled, struggling in his restraints. Obanai really surprised the male, when he elbowed Tanjiro in the back.

To be honest, the demon male Hashira wasn't in any angered emotion when Sanemi stabbed Nezuko. He barely knew Tanjiro, but that doesn't mean that he didn't feel anything.

"Come on out, demon!" He stabbed again.

"Look, it's the human blood you love so much!"

"Sanemi, Obanai! This behavior is truly unacceptable! Why are you pulling such an insane antic in front of Master!" The demon male's comment only fell on deaf ears as they continued.

Sanemi used his sword to open the box.

'Shit.'

Rising from the box, was a very pissed looking Nezuko.

Nezuko watches the blood drip from Sanemi's arm.

'Nezuko please. Please Nezuko. You're the only good demon that I can talk to without someone replying back.'