30. Meeting

"How many hall are left to check?" Aki asked (M/n).

"Not many. Sadly, we haven't encountered any demons, or any of Tengen's wives." (M/n) sighed.

"That's true. We've made no progress..." Aki grumbled.

"No, not really. This demon seems is avoiding this department."

"Maybe because its only vantage spot here has been butchered?" Aki suggested.

"I don't think so. This is a demon we're talking about. I'm sure they have a lot more hiding spots than just the one we've found in this department."

"Did you tell the Sound Hashira about the spots we've found."

"I would, but he's more intrigued by the second mission rather than the first. As he should."

"You mean his wives?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean."

"Can't blame the man. If you went missing, I wouldn't care about any other thing that doesn't pertain to finding you." Aki admitted.

(M/n) blushed, "Please stop. You're ruining my acting."

Aki smirked, "I don't think I am. A bit of actual blush makes you look more believable." As (M/n) and Aki walked the hall, both males can hear the whispers from the women.

'Is that a customer? I thought they weren't allowed near Oirans on their first meet.'

'Maybe it's an Authorities Oiran thing.'

"Excuse me." (M/n) spoke up, his voice was in a way higher pitch than normal one.

"Instead of focusing on me, you all should be cleaning yourselves and this department. We don't want to look a mess in front of our clients, do we?" He asked, sending a glare towards the women.

"O-Of course! Please forgive us!" Then they rushed off.

M/n sighed before Aki playfully bumped (M/n)'s shoulder, "Nice acting, (F/n). You really dropped the hammer down on them."

(M/n) flicked Aki's forehead, which caused the shadow demon to whimper. M/n laughed at the demon's reaction. They continued to walk through the hallways, and giggled at whatever joke the other said to lighten the mood.

*
"Hey, if you don't mind me asking..." The black haired demon dragged...

"Yeah?"

"Where are you hiding your fans?"

"Oh, that. Well...Tengen sorta took them." (M/n) deflated, remember what happened vividly.

"He what?" Aki question, actually confused by the answer.

"He just politely asked me to give him my fans, and I asked what for and he said for a good reason. Then he went on a whole speech that I didn't listen to, and he took my fans right out of my hands. And then he also hid them." The Hashira vacantly explained the whole situation, which really didn't help with Aki's confusion.

"And for some reason, he's a master at hiding my valuables from me. I guess that's a skill that he picked up when he played pranks on me."(M/n) said, actually shocked by Tengen's feat.

"So, what are you gonna fight with if you don't have your fans?" Aki sweat-dropped. How was he gonna slay the demon without the weapon he needs to slay?

"I guess I'll pulverize them. We have other demon slayers here as well, so I doubt me being unarmed will cause much distress."

"R-right..." Aki answered, not feeling so sure about this.