29. Ironic Duo

"I hate that this disguise actually works." M/n said to the Hashira.

"You should be prideful of your flamboyance! Besides, it's nice to see you with such bright colors!" Tengen chuckled.

The Maiden Hashira glared at the other, "I don't see why I couldn't have just joined this mission in my regular clothing." He grumbled.

"I already told you that I wanted extra support! Also, you're not as stealthy as I am, but your senses are remarkable. You'll be a real help in locating my wives and the demon from the inside." Tengen yelled.

M/n sighed, "Alright, fine. I won't complain anymore, but you owe me for this."

The Sound Hashira smiled, "You have my thanks, M/n."

M/n rolled his eyes, "Don't thank me." He growled, walking towards his department.

"I'll call you when I'm done here." He waved off.

The Sound hashira nodded.

"Oh, M/n," Tengen called, causing the shorter slayer to stop.

"Hm?"

"There will be a fellow slayer in the department. They're a late show, but I think they'll be perfect for this mission."

"Thank you for the info. I'll be sure to find them. Be careful, asshole.."

Tengen chuckled as he watched M/n vanish into the department.

"Oh...fuck..." M/n was shocked to see so many women cramped in one place.

It wasn't as different as Maiden Mansion or Maiden Town, but the women on his residences were able to have space from one another.

The Hashira kept his cool as he walked down the halls; he listened to the whispers that the women held.

'Is that the new Oiran?'

'She's beautiful...'

'I've heard that she became an Oiran eventhough it's her first day.'

'Wow, I'm a bit jealous of her.'

'Eh, she's nothing special.'

'You're one to talk. You couldn't get any clients the passing weeks!'

M/n continued to walk down the hall until it became vacant, which confused him.

A woman was passing by from the empty hallway.

"Excuse me, miss?" M/n called out, successfully grabbing the attention of the female.

"Why is this hall so empty?"

"A woman went missing a few days ago without a trace, and we've decided to seal off this hall." She explained.

"If I was you, I wouldn't step foot into that hallway."

"I see. Thank you." M/n smiled at the female.

She bowed before leaving without another word.

"How dreadful. They aren't eligible to leave their departments, so they discard a piece of it and hope for it to not catch up with them."

"Any sensible person would listen to the young woman and not venture into the hall, but who the hell said I was sensible?" M/n chuckled as he attempted to go down the hallway, but his hand was grabbed.

M/n looked back to see who had grabbed his hand, and it was Aki.

"Aki?! What are you doing here?!" M/n asked in a whisper-yell tone.