17. A Troublesome Trail

"She's my...She's my young- *cough* *cough*"

Shinobu walk up to Tanjiro.

"It looks like you need some water." Tanjiro greedily took the water, completely forgetting about his broken jaw.

"You jaw is injured, so please drink slowly. It contains a painkiller, so you'll feel better." Shinobu took away the container once Tanjiro was done drinking.

"Your wounds have yet to heal, so you mustn't overdo it. Now then, Tanjiro Kamado..."

"That demon is my sister! While I was away, my family was attacked by a demon, and when I got home, they were all dead! My sister was turned into a demon, but she's never eaten anyone! She never has...and never will! She'll never hurt humans no matter what!"

"Spare us your absurd ravings. If she's family, of course you're defending her. I can't trust a single word you're saying. I, for one, don't believe you." Obanai wavered his finger in the air.

"On the contrary, you don't trust anyone, Snake Boi." Obanai hissed in annoyance.

"He's been possessed by a demon. Let us kill this poor child immediately to set him free."

"Listen to me please! I became a swordsmen in hopes of finding a cure for Nezuko! It's been more than two years since Nezuko became a demon! And in all that time, she's never devoured anyone!"

'Has it really been two? Time flies by when you're having fun killing demons even if, you're one.'

"Your story's just spinning in circles, idiot. She hasn't devoured anyone, and she isn't going to? Those are just words, so prove it to us and impress us."

"What was that bird again? Um..."

"A crow, Muichiro." (M/n) sighed, knowing the male would forget again.

"Excuse me? I'm not sure about this...but I don't think that the Master isn't aware of this. Should we really deal with him on our own? Shouldn't we at least wait until he arrives?"

"My sister...My sister will fight with me by my side! She can fight as a Demon Slayer to protect humans! So please..."

(M/n)'s body shook which alerted the other Hashira. He looked to the side and the others weren't too far behind.

"Well, well, I see there's some fun brewing here. Is this the idiotic Corps member who brought a demon along with him? What the hell are you trying to pull here?"

*

WIND HASHIRA

SANEMI SHINAZUGAWA

*

"Shit. It's Sanemi." The demon cursed under his breath. He was pretty sure Tengen heard him so he stopped himself for saying anything further.

Sanemi is a tall and muscular man with spiky long white hair and large pale purple eyes. His face and body are covered with scars, accrued over his many years of fighting demons. He wears a green-tinted version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform, unbuttoned to expose his chest and abs with a white long sleeved shirt over it.

He was holding the box that Nezuko was in and that only frightened the male even more.

"This won't do, Lord Shinazugawa! I must ask you to put down that box." A Kakushi begged.

"Shinazugawa, please don't act out of line."

"What about this demon, kid? That she can fight as a Demon Slayer to protect humans? You know what I call that? Completely impossible, you fool!" He pulled out his blade and struck it through the box. Blood came out the other end meaning he hit his target.