19. Maiden Mansion

"Just as you've all reported, the demons' carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been. We must bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers. What do you all think?"

"The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it very clear. The caliber of Demon Slayers has dropped tremendously. Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not."

"Well, that kid today sure seemed competent. He did land that flamboyant blow on you, Shinazugawa. He's got potential." Tengen smirked.

Sanemi lightly scoffs.

"The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to control and unify them. Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era." Shinobu stated.

"Other than those who had their loved ones brutally massacred, and join the Corps, or those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel."

"Still, considering that boy ran into a Twelve Kizuki so soon after joining the Corps...He may have the power to draw them! Even we rarely get the chance to confront one! It makes me envious!"

"Agreed. But the fact that Lower Five made such a drastic move probably means that Muzan is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo. After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's really quite frustrating. But those demons are still freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving. For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe that, with you who are present today, the Corps' Hashira, I've assembled the finest unit since the first Breathing swordsmen of the feudal era."

"Tengen Uzui. Kyojuro Rengoku. Shinobu Kocho. Mitsuri Kanroji. (M/n) (L/n). Muichiro Tokito. Gyomei Himejima. Sanemi Shinazugawa. Obanai Iguro. Giyu Tomioka. My children, I look forward to your success."

**

As the sun rose for the next day (M/n) made his way over to Butterfly Mansion. He wanted to see how the rest were doing. Once there, he heard yells of pain.

"Huh?"

The Maiden Hashira followed the noise to see Inosuke's and Aki's limbs being forcefully stretched by two of Shinobu's associates. Look not too far, Tanjiro's face and clothes were covered in Medical Tea.

The Maiden Hashira tried his best not to burst out laughing at the sight.

"A-Aoi, i-isn't it too early for the Rehabilitation Training?" He stuttered, gripping onto his knees.

"Hey! Stop laughing! Nothing about this is funn-Ack!" Aki yelling was quickly cut off by his back being pulled backwards.

"It's very funny actually. Well, I came to give you this." (M/n) gave Aki a purple card with a flower on it.

The girls gasped. Even Aoi was surprised.

"A Maiden's Acceptance Card!"

"Acceptance Card?"

"It gives you permission to enter Maiden Mansion. Maiden Mansion is a place made strictly for independent women. So they can live without the need of worrying for a man. It's very rare for the Maiden Hashira to invite men. Even his fellow Hashira can't get in without an invite from himself."

"Well, I'll be on my way now. Don't break their backs now girls." The Hashira laughed, walking out the Mansion.

"Yes!"