31. Missing

AKI POV
_________________________

"Damn it. I haven't found anything! I'm really starting to think that this house is a lost cause. Maybe we should move along with the others? M/n is an disguised as an Oiran after all, so we can move to the other departments." I groaned, looking through an empty room that I hoped didn't belong to anyone. There was dust in so many places, which made it obvious that it hasn't been populated in a while.

"Seriously though, what's taking Dove so long? I knew there was something ominous going on here."

THUMP

"Oh what the fuck!" I gasped, instantly looking up at the roof. Was there something in the roof. Maybe it's the demon!

The sound scurried away from the room and into the hall. I wasted no time chasing after it, and I didn't run at full speed since I would draw attention to myself.

'This demon is fast! I'll lose them if I don't go faster than this!'

Suddenly, the sound was no more. The demon must've noticed me chasing after it. I clicked my tongue.

"So it's gone just like that? It's obvious that this demon's been here for a while. It knows this place by the back of its hand, and most likely have something to do with the disappearance of the wives. This is gonna be a real pain." I growled as I looked around for the possible location of the demon, but my vision was suddenly blocked entirely.

What the hell was happening? I didn't know! All I knew was that I wasn't on the floor no more, flailing around my feet to hope to touch some ground. Unfortunately, my attempts were futile, and I was pulled upward.
___________
M/N POV
——————————————-

"I can't believe that Daki gained such courage to attempt to defeat me by herself. She's very dependent most of the time." I chuckled, walking through the halls to find Aki. I can sense that the shadow demon was a few halls down, and I think it's the perfect time to tell him that Zenitsu was captured.

But then I thought for a moment, will I tell them? I mean...he'll probably find out when we have that little meeting with Uzui and the others.

I demon walked and almost tripped on my clothes. I grumbled when I noticed that my height was getting in the way, so I changed it. I changed my height so I was taller. I don't do this normally because I'm surrounded by Hashiras, humans, and Demon Slayers, which means suddenly changing my height would cause suspicion towards me. I usually had to take caution when I wanted to be taller.

I didn't sense Uzui anywhere, so I deemed it was safe. I started picking up my paste since we had to meet the others on a rooftop, but Aki was nowhere near the unchecked areas.

"Aki?" I called, hoping it was one of the male's pranks. Sadly, no matter how much time passed, I couldn't find him nowhere.

This could mean two things: Aki went to the other houses to check on the others, or Daki got him.

Dread corrupted my heart as the second option was becoming more of the truth. I know he's a demon now, and he can probably help himself. However, Daki is notorious for her stealth.
———————-
NO ONES POV
————————————
M/n has accepted the fact that Aki wasn't safe, and Daki was responsible for his capture. Nevertheless, he had to meet up with Tanjiro and the others. He turned back to his original height before he even thought of going to the meetup.

"Sorry I'm late. I ran into a couple of problems." M/n said as he casually appeared on the roof with a faint smile. He smiled though he disliked the shine of the sun, and he stood beside the squatting Sound Hashira, Uzui Tengen.