Chapter 6 | Apology

The alley to home is dark. The only things I can see are street lamps and stray cats roaming here and there, searching for food. My legs are just an inch close to bending. I hold my laced booties in my hands, and walk barefooted wearing socks only. My feet are cold, and I cannot feel them.

I entered my apartment. There is a full- length mirror exactly in front of my door. I shoved off my handbag from my shoulder, and dropped my shoes.

This face saw Jungkook today. Jungkook saw this face today.

This was the only time you were seeing him. That feeling of excitement you used to get when you saw him performing, I didn't feel that seeing him this close to me. Maybe it just wasn't about my feelings; it should have been reciprocated, like he always did on the stage.

Anyways, the day has passed.

I changed and lay on my bed, without any thought. Moon is shining bright today. Its light is reflecting through my window on the front wall, which is completely covered.

Jungkook's posters.
The first thing I bought in Korea, after settling, was his posters. I never wanted to spend a day without looking at him. Even on days when I was too tired, I would lie down and see him on my walls. His songs have always healed me. All those hard times when I missed mom, when I lost friends, even when I had small arguments with dad, Jungkook was always there for me.

But today, it doesn't make my heart flutter. I have seen him today, and it has been terrible.
The only thing I am looking forward to now is to sleep, to forget the day for some time, to think like it never happened.

Sleep is peace.
And soon, the world went dark.

Buzzz
Ignore

Buzzz
Ignore

Buzzz

What the hell?

I have never slept this deeply in my life. But, this phone. Dammit. I struggled to reach my hand to my phone on the side table. Dan Oh is calling.

My mind is again at it.
First thing in the morning.

"Yes, Dan oh?" I asked, with a slumbered voice, still lying down.

"Where are you, Hana? I have been calling you for so long," she replied in a worrisome voice.
"I am okay, just sleeping. What happened?"
"Miss Ombre just ordered that if you don't pick your phone in the next hour, she is coming to your apartment."

My muscles suddenly jerked up, forcing me to sit.
"What? You are not serious, are you?"
"Get yourself together. I want to see you right here in the next thirty minutes. Or I am going to Miss Ombre to give your address."
"No, Dan oh..."

Beep. She hung up. Shit. Just one day. I couldn't have asked anything else at this moment. But right now, my apartment is a mess. I probably won't like Miss Ombre to visit me.

Thirty minutes – La Belle; imprinted on my mind.

I rushed to La Belle, panting once again. As I entered through the gates, I glanced and smiled at Josh, the receptionist and blindly looked for a chair. I found one, before I could faint from being breathless. I searched through my handbag, where's my inhaler?
Seems like I am holding my whole house inside that bag. Searching and searching, I finally see it. I instantly put it into my mouth and pressed it twice.

Calm. My lungs have stopped over-reacting.

Thank god, Dad isn't here to see me like this. The doctor strictly abandoned me from running, but I am doing it from day one. Since the day I fainted due to suffocation and learned that I am asthmatic now, dad had a strict eye on me. I am kind of betraying him, but what should I do? La Belle is too impatient.

I took the elevator and headed to Miss Ombre's office.
She welcomed me warmly, and offered to sit. I am breathing a bit aggressively, still.
"Are you okay?" Miss Ombre inquired.
"Oh yes. It's just I ran on my way, that's it," I replied. She gave a big smile.
"I am sorry," she exclaimed.
I look up at her, totally clueless.
Is she sorry because she made me run like this? Definitely not.

"Jungkook misbehaved yesterday, and I did not feel good about it. It's just I convinced you to come, when you were very hesitant. And then, Jungkook.."
"It's okay, Miss Ombre. You see, I am not on that stage right now, might need the remaining month for training," I giggled to make the situation not too tense, but my jokes are no fun.
"It's not your training, Hana. I already told you, you are extraordinary."

She moved closer and held my hand.
"I know you were very nervous. I have been through this, and I know."

Relief. I am not the only one.

"Jungkook's temper is too short from the very start of his career. His makeup artist who accompanied him from the start of his career has left now. Therefore, he is quite disturbed and looking for someone just like the previous one. And I know, nobody is better than you, for him."

I don't know what made Miss Ombre think that.

"You're meeting him at his home, along with his manager, tonight."
My mouth opens to question, but shuts again as Miss Ombre said,

"Contract."

The world is spinning around me. Me? Jungkook's makeup artist?

"I have a lot of confidence in you , Hana. Jungkook is a bit stubborn, but I know you will deal with him," said Miss Ombre, now standing.
"But, you already know, our first meet up didn't go well. He would barely allow me to do anything."
"Hana, sometimes first impressions are always misunderstood. And what do you want to do when someone misunderstands you? You want to clear it out, either by your words or actions. People die for a chance to clear themselves out; rarely do they get it."

Chance? Is she talking about chance again?

Then, she came closer and made me stand up, by putting her hands on my shoulders.
"You can do it, Hana. I am certain that you don't want Jungkook to think this way about you, forever." Her voice is energized now.

"Go home and get yourself ready."

I nodded, without saying a word.

I am seeing Jungkook again.

"Here take this, it's Jungkook's address. Keep it safe."
Miss Ombre handed me a small chit with a handwritten address. I slid the chit in my pocket and left the office.

Another chance.
I'll use it.
For sure.