Chapter 43 | Reunion

"You don't hate me for what I did to you?" he asked, while my head rested on his shoulder, with our bodies touching each other on the couch. He held my hand and brushed his thumb lightly.

"The hate is gone, Jungkook. Ten years in America away from you were enough."

He fell silent.

"I am sorry-" I place my hand on his mouth before he spits out the thousandth apology.

"Jungkook, don't." My eyes met his, making me flutter with his apologetic eyes. "You are here with me, I am more than happy."

Holding him near me felt very weird. I don't remember so many things from that year, but mom's death and Jungkook's coldness can never be forgotten. I waited for the last minute at my door; because I was sure he would come. I ignored the thought and still waited for him at the airport, but he never showed up. His absence made me realize how important he was to me. Although I was just 12, I knew what he felt when he saw me, when he hugged me, when he helped me. It wasn't just friendship, but something beyond that I didn't know. I waited for years for him to respond, he never did. And finally, when I moved on and came back to Korea, I met him again. Is it what destiny is?

"I loved you back then, Hana," says Jungkook's light voice beside me. I looked up at him, his eyes never lie. "I loved you too. I was too late to realize." He wrapped his arm around me pulling me towards him and placing his head over mine.

"Why did you change everything about yourself?" I asked.

"I wanted to turn everything upside down. When I did my debut and they asked me about my name, my reality never came out. I didn't want people to know me from this name or this appearance. After all, I was a betrayer."

He stops talking. I parted my hand from his and sat down looking at him. "I know you betrayed me, Jungkook. But, I knew you would never do that intentionally. I knew you had reasons. If I had to make a choice, I won't even think for a second, other than choosing my mother."

He kept staring and like a lightning bolt, he pressed his lips on mine, his hand lingering on my back. I melted in his embrace, returning his hungry kiss. He leans over me while I hold his shoulders, making my head touch the couch's hand. He pulled back, gasping.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked, short of breath. He leans in again, but doesn't kiss but keeps his lips closer to mine, almost touching.

"I was waiting for you to recognize me first." As soon as he ended the sentence, he held my lip between his, making sure not to leave any air in between. I moaned and sucked his lip back, interlocking them together.

He suddenly releases it, making my lip look even more swell than earlier.

"Did you guess me at first glance?" my curiosity never stops oozing out.

"Even before that. I can never mistake you with someone." He dives in again, but lightly pecking now. "You loved me all the way along?" I say between his soft peck.

"I am surprised how patient I was," he says, gazing at me again.

"Why did-" he closes my mouth from his.

"Enough questions for now," he says, briefly parting.

While Jungkook was sure not to leave my lips alone anymore, I heard a familiar sound.

Someone is typing the password from outside.

Before I could force Jungkook off from me and pretend as if nothing happened, Jin barged in, holding loads of grocery bags in his hand. As soon as his eyes met ours, he dropped everything. From his sight, Jungkook was over me, sitting like a puppy, though he parted his lips as the door opened. There was no other meaning to it other than what we were doing.