Chapter 7 | Beginning

"No fair

You really know how to make me cry

When you gimme those ocean eyes

I'm scared

I've never fallen..."

What's wrong with everything? I took out my phone from my pocket and stopped the song. How does Billie Eilish know what's happening in my life? Anyways, the Google map shows a 1-minute walk to Jungkook's apartment.

I look up to a huge building. I have never seen such a huge building in Korea before. How many floors would it have? 40? 50?

I looked at the address again, there isn't any floor mentioned. I went to the reception and asked the receptionist about Jungkook's apartment. He is middle-heightened, with white hair, and looks as serious as a pebble. He stood still for some time, and then his eyes were inquiring about me.

No, I am not a crazy fan searching for his house. Neither am I, anyone, from the press, locating him for any answers.

"I am his new makeup artist, visiting for the first time," I said, examining curiosity in his eyes.

"Oh, so you are Mi Hana?" he asked, still serious.

How does he know my name?

Now my eyes were inquiring about him.

"Jungkook's manager, Kim Namjoon, informed me that you will be arriving. His apartment is on the 9th floor, 461 A. Should I guide you?"

"No, Thank You, I'll go by myself."

I rushed to the elevator and tapped on the '9' on the column. The elevator opens to a long hallway, decorated with lots of dim lamps and several wall mirrors.

I walked looking at every door.

461 A, no.

461 A, no.

461 A, yes.

I rang the doorbell, with anxiety gripping my whole body. I never imagined I would be at his door one day.

A heightened, young man appears, wearing a black t-shirt and denim pants, behind the door. His eyes are hiding behind his square glasses and his lips are curved in a smile. His hair is perfectly shaped and is a mix of blonde and dark. His face is long with a perfect jawline, and everything lies in the right place. Gosh, his face is so perfect.

"Oh, you must be Mi Hana. Is it so?"

"Yes, it's me, Hana."

He instantly extended his hand for a handshake.

"I am Kim Namjoon, Jungkook's manager."

I smiled and extended my hand to meet his.

Warm and big.

The last time I touched any male hands were of my father. "Please come in."

He moved aside for me to enter.

There's a whole new world behind him; I entered a huge lounge. On its right, there is a small hallway with three doors. On the left, there is a space of another door that connects to a kitchen. The front wall was a huge glass pane, showing a balcony outside.

It was only when I glanced out through the enormous picture windows that I realized what was going on. The lights, chairs, table - they were all reflected in the huge glass panes, but somehow I was not. The windows were disconcertingly free of scratches or blemishes of any kind, as was every last piece of furniture. The walls were neither papered nor painted or bare plaster - they just kind of were - and each tile on the floor was identical. The lights were brightly lit, which made the lounge even brighter; from seeing Jungkook on the stage performing, to walking inside his house. So unreal.