Chapter 67 | A friend in need

"Hello, Namjoon?"

"Who's this?" he asks.

"Hana."

"Hana? How are you? Is this your new number?"

"Are you home?" I ask my pitch dead of hoarseness, due to the shouting a while ago.

"Yes, I am home." He says, after a while.

"Can I see you right now?"

"Are you alright?" He says without, almost instantly.

"Can I tell you in person?"

"Come. I am texting you my address."

I hang up the phone without saying anything and give it back to the taxi driver. My mind is so numb and feels like it's dead. I look out of the window, but my mind is stuck. The video never stopped playing in the first place, and then Miss Ombre's hate wasn't enough that Jungkook was added to that list too.

"You would receive a text of the address, please drop me there." The driver, who is quite old enough to drive a taxi, nods lightly.

"Are you alright?" he asks, eyeing me from his rear mirror. "You look really sick."

I like how concerned he is. At least, someone is. "I am okay."

"Well, there are dozens of people who sit at the back every day and I see a variety of expressions," he coughs, lightly. "I can guess you had a breakup."

I smile at his innocence and let out a snort. He suddenly started laughing.

"I see, I see." He turns the taxi around. "Well, I see it too commonly today. Back in our times, there was just one woman. You look at her, you fall in love and then you marry her and have a family."

"You love your wife, really much?" My voice barely reaches his ear, but he nods.

"I loved her. She isn't with me now, but I am happy for all the moments we spent together."

There is nothing that is not making me cry, today. Even a light hello makes me cry. I hate myself. I hate everyone, but this old man. He brings the taxi to a stop.

"This is the address." I sit up and open the door to get out.

"You are like my daughter," says the old man. "Don't hurt yourself for someone else. You come alone and you die alone. In the end, it's just you, always you." His eyes are barely visible, but his smile is bright and comforting.

"Thank you." I smile and gulp down the lump in my throat. "Can you wait a minute; I'll grab your fair."

"No need to. My home is around here and you were my last ride, anyways."

"But-"

"Don't worry, girl. If I ever meet your ex, I'll charge him thrice." His laugh makes me smile again and I leave the taxi.

"69 is the apartment!" he shouts from the car, so I make sure to reach it before dying.

*****************

His face appears seconds after ringing the bell. He was probably standing near the door.

"Hey!" his happy face suddenly disappears, seeing me standing and looking like a literal cyclone. I was wearing a crop top that was barely covering my stomach, along with pajamas of a different color. I walked in before he invited me, and he opened the door to let me in. His apartment is big and spacious with just minimal furniture. His lounge has a huge glass pane on the other side, showing the view from the outside.