Chapter 9 | Pink

Dad laughed lightly, with warmth in his voice.

"Congratulations, Hana. You made me proud today," said dad in his excited, yet soft voice. I always wanted to hear him say this. Even though I never disappointed him, his words were a strength for me today.

I hung up the phone, greeting him goodbye.

I don't want to leave the coziness of my blanket and bed. Beside the table, there lays the contract file. I had no plans to cancel it; neither do I have now. But last night, there was a hesitation. Jungkook's sudden calm behavior after that audition kind of surprised me a lot. I am not normal to all this. I still do not believe the things happening around me. What would Miss Ombre have said to him? But also, Jungkook knows. He knows that I admire Miss Ombre's efforts to get me this job. But, but...

I won't let Jungkook ever know that I am one of his many crazy fans. His attitude at this moment is more than enough for me.

I got up to take a shower. Within some time, I stood ready to go. Today's outfit was kind of difficult to choose because I don't know what one should wear to their job on the first day, and in front of a celebrity. I paired my red and black check skirt with a black high-neck, my favorite combat boots, and of course, my black beret hat.

La Belle has already prepared a makeup bag for me, so I need to pick it on my way as well.

I reached Jungkook's residence and dragged the makeup bag with me to the main reception. I didn't expect the bag to be this heavy, although it looks quite small from the outside. The same receptionist I met last night came running and asked me to hand him the bag. This time he had a name tag on his breast pocket.

Min Yoongi. It said,

"Thank you," I responded.

He nodded and then we went to Jungkook's apartment. Min Yoongi handed me the bag, as I said, and left.

I rang the bell.

No response.

I rang the bell again.

No response, again.

I kept standing outside, for quite a few minutes. Before, I could leave; I heard Jungkook's voice in the small speaker, besides the doorbell.

"Come in, I am taking a shower."

Oh, his two hour-long showers. Right, no wonder.

The door's lock clicked, automatically. I went inside, and it exactly feels like yesterday, just the bright lights are replaced by the fresh, bright sunlight peeking through the window, making the lounge warm and cozy. I kept my bag on the table and sat waiting for him. He is not coming out anytime soon. The warm atmosphere was all I needed to take a short nap. In no time, I fell asleep, placing my head on the table.

It's so true that a little nap, at the wrong time, at the wrong place is the best of all.

My head, which was resting on my folded arms on the table, suddenly fell. My eyes opened to a huge cup blocking my view.

Where am I?

I suddenly woke up, almost trembling off the chair. I don't know what is in the cup, but it's hot and aromatic; coffee most probably. I peeked into the cup.

Yes, it's coffee

As my eyes moved up, there was this big, slender figure standing. He is staring at my face as if he is trying to study something.

"woooooah. Why do you always make me frightened?" I protested.

Jungkook's posture doesn't change.

"You are sleeping on the first day of your job, should I charge you a penalty?" he says.