Chapter 8 | Contract

The contract is two pages long and there are a lot of things written. My eyes skimmed across the first page, and then the second. Jungkook is drying his hair, standing next to the door, looking in a huge round mirror on his wall. He has changed into an oversized sweater, with trousers. I cannot divert my attention into reading the contract, at all. My eyes follow every move of him.

And then, he comes and slides on the chair, opposite me, where a few minutes ago, Namjoon was sitting. My eyes are glued to the paper now, but my heart is thumping. Suddenly, I am breathing too fast, but I am trying my best not to make it too obvious.

"Have you read it?" asked Jungkook, keeping one of his hands, shaped in a light fist, on the table.

"No, I am going to," I replied.

"Alright."

He then gets up from the chair and walks towards the left hallway.

"Tea, Coffee?"

Jungkook is offering me something to drink?

YES PLEASE.

"No," I spitted out, being guilty though. His sudden behavior change surprised me. He then disappeared into the hallway, and I took a long breath.

What's wrong with me? Why can't I function properly? But how can one be alright in front of Jungkook?

"I should get done with reading this contract, and leave. Or my anxiety will kill me," I whispered to my soul. I started reading it. There was my basic information mentioned, along with Jungkook's. The contract further explained my period which was for at least 2 years and my salary. I went through the first page, quickly. Before I could turn the page over, I could see a heading at the end of the page,

"Terms & Conditions"

What is it?

Am I doing a business or something?

Out of curiosity, I turned to the first page. There were five points mentioned under this heading.

1- The artist should never miss a day from work. If there are any plans, they should be notified two weeks earlier. If it's urgent, a substitute from the agency should be arranged.

umm, okay.

2- The artist, in any situation, is prohibited to share any private details of the celebrity she is working with.

Yes, absolutely.

3- The artist should carry all her necessary items with her and take care of them, themselves. In case you lose anything, the people around will not be responsible for anything.

I will carry two makeup suitcases, no worries.

4- It depends upon the celebrity to either accompany the artist on international trips or not. The artist has no authority to argue.

o k.

Thank god, the last one.

5- The artist should keep her identity private. Whenever she is around the celebrity, she will camouflage herself, and should not, in any case, show her face to the media intentionally.

Wait, What?

As soon as I read this weird statement, Jungkook walked in, with a cup in his hand. He looked at my questionable face and understood.

"Oh, so you are done reading it?"

"Yes, I am. But what is this fifth point about? Hide my identity?"

I am so curious about it, that almost all of my anxiety has drained.

"What about it?" he said, sipping from his cup.

"What do you mean? Why should I hide?"

He took a sigh and sat on the chair he was sitting on earlier. He kept his cup on the table. Warmth was oozing out of the cup, and it smelled like something milky- milk.

He leaned towards me as if he was telling me a secret.

"You really don't know?"

I looked at my wristwatch.

"I don't have any time to waste."

Waste? Okay.

He sat straight now.

"It is for my benefit. I don't want any scandals coming my way."

I am still listening, but he stopped to sip from his cup.

"I have never worked with any female artist ever, from any field. My previous artist was the only one I had since the start, and he was too good."

Okay, stop bragging now.

"Every day, I see so many artists like me, done with their careers just because of some stupid scandals people make." He takes another sip from the cup.

"I have done so much to be standing here, today. And just like that, I don't want anyone to dump my future."

DAMN, He is really rude. I will dump his future? The one who crazily follows him and promotes his songs?

Can I?

Will I?

I stay silent. What kind of job is this? Where I cannot be open about my identity, and there's always pressure on me not to go uncovered.

"I will tell you about this, tomorrow." Every word was heavy to say. Jungkook folds his lower lip inside and slides his tongue over his ring piercing on the right corner, his eyes on me.

"Do you have a pen?"

I was waiting for him to say something like an 'okay' or 'what' or even a 'no', but he is asking for a pen? I ran my hand through my bag and put the pen on the table.

Is he going to make me sign, forcibly?

Or will he just draw a big cross on the contract?

He stands up, takes the pen, and comes to my side of the table. There is just a feet 'distance between us. He grabs the contract papers, bows down onto the table, his hair hanging in the air, and does his signature on both pages, over his printed name. I am in awe. What is he doing?

And then, he points the pen towards me, wanting me to hold it. My hands don't move. I said I wanted time, but the question is why is he so impatient? I finally gathered some courage and stood up. I took the pen and tossed it into my bag. Without saying a word, I slid from across the chair and walked to the main door. Jungkook doesn't stop me or even utter a word.

I opened the door and left.

My breathing is too fast. It's suffocating me.

I am not doing it. My adrenaline. It's rushing. Excessively.

I rushed to the elevator, but it was not right there. I wait, and wait and wait. Just then, a shadow covered me from behind and I felt someone's presence at my back; someone standing too close, that he could hurt me, anytime, if he wanted to. My eyes want to see behind, but my head remains unturned.

Should I scream?

Finally, before this 'someone' could do 'something' to me, I held my bag in both of my hands and turned in the manner of hitting him with my bag. He suddenly crouched to avoid me hitting him.

Jungkook?

I exhale like I have been holding in for years.

"What the hell?" I said putting one of my hands on the wall, still breathing heavily. Jungkook stood up and offered to hold the contract file. I did, after coming back to my senses.

"Tomorrow is my interview; I guess Namjoon already told you about that. Be right here at 10."

"But...."

"I want it signed, tomorrow," Jungkook cut me off, saying each word slowly with stress. Suddenly, the elevator opens behind me.

Run.

Before I faint, right here.