Chapter 49 | Dedication

Jungkook's POV

I stump around the lounge nervously, while everyone is calmly sitting on the sofa. I have written this song just when I saw her for the first time back in Korea and when I couldn't control my feelings towards her, I did what I always do; write a song. The song expresses every feeling I have for her and every little thing that makes me remember her. She is in the room, listening to that song, while my legs are freaking out of anxiety.

"What if this idea goes flop?" asks Jimin, while lying with his head in Taehyung's lap.

"Ayeee, girls really like these types of things, I know," says Jin's confident voice.

"As if you have dated a lot of girls," says Yoongi in a sarcastic tone. "The only woman in your life is your mother." Yoongi's remark made everyone laugh, meanwhile, Jin is just trying to ignore the facts.

"Don't worry, hyungs. This is not something ordinary for anyone. And of course, what matters is how relatable she feels to the song, but not that it's a song." Hobi's intellectual remark made me a bit calmer than before.

"Duh, I just wish she forgets about the way I locked her into that room," Namjoon shakes his head, raising it until his head is against the sofa's back. "Now I know why you all backed up from taking this task. Ughhhh, I hate it." Namjoon's tiny screaming was not audible to me, at least.

"Take a chill pill, Joonie. Now everything depends on Jungkook." I stop and stare at Taehyung, waiting for his further explanation. He understood immediately.

"If she likes the song and the way Jungkook sang it and stuff, she won't even remember what happened to her a moment ago. But if this goes right over her head, Joonie you're in danger." There was a tension between Namjoon and Taehyung's eyes, although Taehyung was hiding his laughter.

"Add Yoongi in it too. He approved the song." Hobi points towards Yoongi. He just rolls his tongue in his mouth, looking at the ceiling.

Everyone went quiet.

"How much more time?" I ask from Jin, who was holding the stopwatch.

"1 minute left to the end of your song," he announces. I take a deep sigh and start walking again, more anxiously now.

She is halfway through. Oh god.

"I am sure she will love it. The song was beautiful and if that is only written for you, that is even more intriguing." Jimin's sweet, low voice takes away my anxiety for a while.

"But anyway, don't forget that I recommended you to tell this a better way."

"What way? I went to pee at that time, I guess. Tell me." The impatient Taehyung was out of breath.

"Ah, I just suggested that he make her listen to that song more romantically."

"Like how?" Taehyung interrupts again.

"Like on a candlelight dinner or a beach or even in bed." He giggles as he spits out the last word. Taehyung smiles too, but at this moment, everything seems boring.

"Over," announces Jin. "One minute is over. She has heard your song."

Hearing him, my feet were stuck. I wonder what is making me so anxious. I have always made the first move on her, kissed her, touched her, but right now, it makes me weak.

"Should I go in?" I ask, my eyes fixed on the bedroom door.

"Do you want me to go in?" Taehyung stands up within a second, but Namjoon pulls him back on the sofa.