Chapter 60│Home

My eyes are closed and I am wrapped around in his arms. He is so warm, so comforting, so loving. The last months were nothing, but a wreck without him, especially in the first few days when I was as lonelier as a cloud, and I couldn't complain that to him, because I was the one to convince him to get me here.

"How have you been, Hana?" His voice is tired and seems older than usual. I don't reply as my face is covered in tears and there's a big lump in my throat.

"Hana?" He raises my chin and I start to cry, ugly. He says nothing but hugs me back. He knows everything. I don't have to explain things to him, he always has a way to know.

"I am here now, don't worry." He pats me on my head and kisses me there.

A moment passes and I am finally calmed down, my face still buried in his chest. Suddenly, he whispers in my ear.

"Hey, who's this guy in the front? He's really cute." I laugh and turn my head to face the front, where Yoongi is driving the car and Hobi sits beside him, in his tracksuit, as we just picked him up from a tennis court.

"Which one are you talking about? They both are cute." I say to him, smiling.

"Undoubtedly."

I sit properly now and wipe off my face with my hands, although the tears have dried up. I tap on Hobi's shoulder and he turns immediately, bringing his Colgate smile into sight.

"Dad, his full-time job is being Jungkook's friend, and his side job is his personal bodyguard. Introduce yourself, Hobi."

He lets out a small giggle and turns almost fully to face us in the back seats.

"Hi, sir! You're my hope, I am your hope, I am J-hope!" He says extending his hand to dad. He's so proud of his signature line. I love him.

My dad remains silent for a second, only to burst out in giggles later while shaking his hand. He can't stop laughing. His smile is a therapy for me that I have been missing for a long time. He finally stops shaking the hand and cleans his tiny tears from under his glasses.

"That's really cool," Hobi shrugs his shoulders at dad's comment, his smiling even brighter.

"And dad, he is Yoongi, Jungkook's personal driver and onlooker."

Yoongi dispositions the rear mirror and greets dad. "I am glad you reached safely, sir."

"Ah, don't call me sir. My name is Han Joon." I look back at him in surprise.

"It has been a while since you used this name, dad." He was expecting it.

I could feel Hobi and Yoongi's confused expressions. "Oh, actually he changed his name to an 'english' one when we moved to America." I air-quoted the English.

"Not like 'changed'" he says, quoting change with his fingers back at me. "People really don't know how to pronounce Korean names, when that is the easiest thing about us to say." Dad brings his grumpy face back. "So, instead of correcting the same person for like a millionth time, I thought of coming up with an English name."

"Ohhh." Hobi just acknowledged it. "That's really genius of you."

Dad nodded and continued with the story of his English name, James Bond. Though of course, it wasn't an official name, dad addressed himself as James Bond and I just bear with it.

The car finally stops in front of the building and we get off. It was a new car this time; Ford. Hobi and Yoongi both get out of the car as well and take out the only two suitcases dad bought. Dad's phone suddenly buzzes and he walks to the side to talk.