Chapter 40 | Finally

The light knock awakes me from the sweet dream I was having with dad in it. As soon as I opened my eyes, Jungkook was standing over my head making me get up in surprise.

Waking up to see his face. Wow.

"Breakfast is ready," he announces. I look up at him, standing in his oversized shirt, with his hands shoved into his pockets. Before I could say anything, he already made his way out, closing the door behind him.

Huff, he's angry.

I got cleaned up and went outside; expecting to see the boys, at least Jin, but the house was as silent as grave. The table was filled with scrumptious food, but no one sat there. I walked to the kitchen, finding Jungkook pouring the coffee with his bandaged hands.

"Are you kidding me?" I say snatching the saucer from his hand that he easily gives up.

I pour the coffee into the two cups sitting on the counter.

"Who cooked the breakfast?" I asked, fully concentrating on the dripping coffee.

"I did."

I watched him with surprise, my eyes wide open.

"Why did you cook? You could have awakened me up."

"I didn't want to wake you up, you looked-" he stopped realizing he was giving out too much, while I stood waiting for his answer. He instantly grabs the cups and walks out of the kitchen.

******************

"I'll do the dishes, don't worry," I said as he got up from the chair. The breakfast went in silence. But I was screaming inside at how nice the food was. He definitely learned it from Jin.

"I will do it, you don't need to," he declares, coldly.

"Can you rest your hands?" I questioned, angrily. He just stood, biting his lips, and nodded in approval.

"I'll go and take a shower then." I nodded back, as he disappeared into his room.

I washed the few utensils that we used and got out of the kitchen. As I walked, wiping my wet hands with the handkerchief, I hear my name from Jungkook's room. I knock on the door and open it to see a naked Jungkook with just a towel wrapped around his butt.

I instantly turned my back seeing him.

"As if you haven't seen me naked before?" he says.

The sudden realization hit me. But, I never saw him in a towel too! It's different when you have pants on, not just a wrapped towel.

"Can you help me take off the bandage?" he says again, feeling him standing closer now. I turn back, instantly, to find him just a couple of steps far from me.

"Sure."

I took off the bandage turning it slowly, not to make it painful for him. After undoing one of his hands, it seemed to look better than last night. The bruises had lightened and the swelling was gone. I undid the other hand too, finding it even better than the other. His hands were weak. He still couldn't move his finger freely and it hurt me seeing him like that. When his hand tried to slide off mine, I keep it held by firmly pressurizing it, not to make him groan.

"What?" he asked.

I kept on brushing his hand with my thumb, my eyes not leaving it. I moved my thumb lightly on his knuckles. I never thought there would be a day his hands will look like these, just because of me. If I was still a fangirl, I would have killed myself already.

"It is okay, Hana," he declared.

I wanted to cry.

I kept moving my thumb over his delicate hand when from nowhere I had an urge to kiss it. I bowed my head, placing my lips on his hand. His hand jerked a bit when I planted a light kiss on it, while my eyes stayed closed. His skin was so warm and soft. I never wanted to part my lips.