Chapter 54 | Missed you

"How do you feel now?" Jin asks in a low voice.

"Much much better," I say while fastening my seat belt.

"Thank god or else Jungkook would have killed me seeing you drunk!" He steps on the accelerator now.

"I am sorry; I just never realized how far I was going. Thank you for the soup, it was so helpful."

"It had to be, took me hours to collect the ingredients." He is annoyed and cute at the same time.

Last night, I thought about watching a movie after so long. So, I tuned into a romantic movie, but I knew later what a bad decision I had made. The movie was already so emotional, later ending with the hero's death. I cried for hours when I finally thought of calling Jungkook. I called him once, but he didn't pick up. It has been almost 75 hours since I haven't heard his voice and saw him in front of me. When I called, he was either in rehearsals or sleeping; and when he called, I was always sleeping.

Bad timings.

Now ignored by almost everyone I knew, I chose to drink a little. But the glasses kept on flowing in my stomach until I was on the ground. Jin came in the morning and made me the hangover soup to get over this, as Jungkook was arriving in the evening.

Jin drove the car, vibing to a song, while I looked at the beautiful sunset outside. Taehyung was behind us in another car.

"Jin?" I asked.

"Hm?" he said, lowering the volume of the music.

"I hope I didn't embarrass myself in the morning." He glances at me with a serious expression.

"You actually did."

I went frozen, thinking of what foolish thing I would have done in front of him. I don't even remember a second of it. I closed my eyes and held my head in my hands, already ashamed.

"You told me the pin of your bank account." As soon as these words left Jin's mouth, I looked up at him in a blink. He glances at me again and laughs looking back at the windscreen.

"Chill!" He says. "You were just snoring and dreaming about Jungkook, most probably."

"Oh my god, Jin!" I yell at him and he laughs again. I look back at the windscreen seeing the airport in sight now.

Finally; four days have gone by.

*************

I stand in the distance near the entrance gate, my eyes impatiently waiting for Jungkook. The side lanes were filled with girls from almost every age group, holding Jungkook's posters and wearing his merch. It took me back to a sweet memory when Jungkook was visiting the US for the second time, and I was one of the girls waiting to see him at the airport. I stood for hours and only got to see a glimpse of him from a long distance.

Good day!

Finally, after a few minutes of waiting that felt like an eternity, I heard a buzz. The crowd finally screams and a mob appears with several men walking toward me. I squinted my eyes and saw him walking towards me, his face brightly lit with his smile, but the exhaustion was visible. As soon as they approached, I ran towards the car and opened the door for Jungkook to get in. The mob follows towards the car, but a bulky figure stands in front of me, making me forcibly step backward. I stumble on my footsteps but hold the car's bonnet on the back, which Taehyung is driving. I stood where I was, but the men kept on coming around me and the fat man kept on stepping backward. It has been just another second that he would have stepped over me, crushing me with his weight. I finally stand past the front door of the car now, whereas Jungkook has already made his way into the car.