Chapter 61 │Confession

I bring the car to a stop and dad's just smiling.

"Feels good. I drove after so many months, thankfully I didn't forget it."

We both got out of the car and got inside the hotel. I asked for the reserved seat and we sat on it. It's a dinner table for four; dad, me, Jungkook, and his mother. It has been two days since I haven't seen him and I am surprised that I am even alive. Dad has finally gotten rid of his travel-sleep sickness and he is acting normal now. So, the first thing on my list was to make him meet them. He's really excited to meet my boyfriend, while my nerves would burst anytime thinking about his reaction to seeing not just my boyfriend, but familiar faces from the past.

He thoroughly studies the menu and I am distracted by his cute face from a buzz on my phone.

"I am outside."

I unintentionally jump out of my seat, but dad is too engrossed in the menu.

"Dad, I'll just come back from the restroom."

He nods but never looks up. So, I put the coat on the back of my chair and walked towards the main door. As soon as I opened it, my teeth rattled off the cold. What a dumb decision to wear a short, sleeveless dress today.

But I only felt it for a moment, because my anxiety was taking over. I tried to rather stay relaxed and not ruin this occasion. I looked around the parked cars, but they were too dark to see through. Suddenly, the lights flicker on my face and I notice a familiar face under the dimly lit driving lamp in the car. I ran to his car and opened the door. I don't see him or even greet him, but just sit inside and take a deep breath.

"Are you okay?"

I open my eyes to find him sitting all handsomely on the driving seat. He is wearing a suit; a freaking suit. His hair is nicely done; definitely, Jimin's hands did that. And above all, he smells heavenly. I missed him so much.

Without letting another second pass, my body faces him and I sit on my knees on the seat and switch the light off above our faces to hug him tight. Though his body is positioned towards the windscreen, I just want to feel him in any way. I almost fell onto him and we both leaned on the door of the car.

"I didn't see your face in two days and that was killing me." He wraps his arms around my body and doesn't talk further. His grip tightens every passing second.

"Jungkook." I pull myself back to see his face, but he doesn't loosen his grip, as if his hands are tied. He finally lets go of my body, but instead of returning my body to my seat, he grabs my waist and lets me slide on his lap, my legs lying straight on the other seat. His face is so bright even in the dark. I can blindly recognize his features.

I touch his face up and down and his gleaming eyes just stare at me. I never realize when he leans in and touches his lips to mine. He leans on me more and more, until my body touches the steering of the car. The kiss is exactly what I needed to calm the anxiety. It was the best feeling; his lips against mine after a long time. The butterflies are back in my stomach.

He finally parts his lips and my head is leaned against the car's window, my hands resting on his shoulders.

"Don't you dare to cut me like this again," he whispers.

"I am nervous, Jungkook." He plants a light kiss on my forehead. "Don't be, I'll handle things."

I nod and kiss him on his cheekbone. I slip off his thighs and land on the other seat and fix my hair, taking a deep sigh. "Let's do this."

I open the door, but he holds my hand. "Wait."

He looks at the backseat and picks a huge bouquet of roses. It's bigger than my face. I smell it, it's too good. I smile at him and he smiles back. The darkness is never an excuse. He opens the door too, but I grip his hand now.