Chapter 24 | Tragedy

"I am never embarrassed about my acts, whether they are intentional or not." His sweet voice and hot breath drive the butterflies in my stomach crazier than before. My eyes cannot stay with him anymore. I am clearly flushed hearing his words.

But I cannot approve of his possible suspicion about me being excited by his actions. So, I gathered strength and met my eyes with his again.

"You cannot always pretend too. I can read your eyes,"

He tilts his head now, pursing his lips and nodding lightly.

"I read yours, yesterday." He whispered. "You were pretending the whole day."

I felt vulnerable. His intimate touch was still fresh on my neck that sent shivers down my spine. He said what I couldn't accept. I tried to keep myself engaged as much as I could to keep this thought away, but he is here with the truth. I pretended not to make his closeness a big deal to myself, but just a tactic for his safety. It turned out, I never moved on from it.

He now loosens his grip around my wrist that is vibrating with the goosebumps on it.

He shrugs his shoulders with light laughter and steps back, allowing air to seep into my lungs.

"I would have apologized to you if it was any more intimate than that."

His words hit me, but I am pretending again. He is making me crazy. As soon as he slammed the restroom door, I fell to the ground holding my head.

He clearly played me.

Poor me who thought he was too embarrassed about yesterday. How is it so normal for him? I have been wheezing since yesterday even thinking about it, and he is just chilling.

I hate him for being this cool.

***********

Dressed in my round neck and high waist pants, I moved towards the room's door to leave. Jungkook has already left with Namjoon and Hobi, while I gather my belongings from the room. Namjoon and Hobi never came to the room but waited at the reception, that kind of relieved me. As I turned the doorknob, my phone buzzed.

Kookie.

"Hello?"

"Hana, look for my wallet. I forgot it on the side-table I guess," said Jungkook. I turned to find his wallet lying on the table.

"Got it."

I grabbed his wallet, which is quite heavier than I expected it to be.

Money. Loads of.

Even though I never wanted to flip it open, the memory of the first day stuck in my mind. As I flipped open the wallet, the same picture lies behind the plastic sheet; a picture of a woman, in her twenties most probably. She is an epitome of beauty, and her eyes smiled along with her lips.

But, why is she so familiar? Seconds passed looking at that photo, but my mind gave up. I know her, but I don't recognize her.

I took out my phone again from my pocket and captured its photo.

I'll recall later.

**********

Jungkook is rehearsing on stage, while Jimin and I set our tools in the side room.

There are other celebrities around too, mostly Japanese and others from different parts of Asia, as I recognized a few. There are cameras all around, vlogging each singer and celebrity, even one of Jungkook's, sitting at the corner enjoying his cup of coffee, as his agency requested to vlog Jungkook's day.