Chapter 51 | Surprise (2)

"I already told you to get a checkup before we go. Thank god, I insisted on visiting your doctor today."

Jungkook speaks as we get out of the car to stand in front of the dimly lit beach, with the gushing sound of water tides. Even though I warned Dong-woo not to spit out any information about my past, my present condition was enough to talk about. He has strictly forbidden me to travel abroad under any circumstances, for at least a month, and I am really sad about that.

"You should take your medications properly." He says, standing next to me now, looking at the dark sky and water beneath it. From nowhere, my eyes swell with tears of sadness. I missed my dad, my mom, and even Jungkook, even though he is next to me. The feeling couldn't be described. It was just like a hole in my heart, black and hollow. Jungkook keeps on speaking, but I can't hear him anymore.

"Jungkook," I finally cut him off. He looks at me and notices my tearful eyes.

"Hey, what's up?" He turns to face me and holds my face in his hands. "You know I hate it when you cry."

"I just don't feel good. I miss everyone today, and I will miss you too." He purses his lips and kisses me on my cheekbone, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"I am sorry I have to leave you behind. If this was in my hand, I would have never gone anywhere." His grip becomes even tighter, burying my face in his chest. "I don't want to be away for even a moment from you, Hana."

I pull myself back from his grip and gaze into his eyes.

"I will hold you closer, always. No matter what, I won't make us suffer again."

I smile and nod at his calming and assuring words. I raise myself on my toes and kiss him on his lips. I never wanted this moment to end.

****************

"Sleep at my place, if you want to?" he asks me, as I fasten my seatbelt.

"I think I will have to go home and sort out some things. Also, dad might arrive in a week so I need to clean up as well."

"It's okay. However, you feel better." He smiles and holds my hand to keep it on his thigh.

"You have dinner tomorrow," he says, seeing my apartment building in sight.

"Oh, so you are taking me on a date?" I ask, tickling him on his thigh with my fingers.

"Yes, a date, but with a guest."

I stare at him with curiosity. "Who?"

"Mom," he says after a second. "I called her to my house tomorrow."

"Glad you did," I exclaimed.

****************

I gently touched the scent bottles Jungkook had just taken out from his closet, on the dressing table. There are multiple perfume bottles, each of a high-end drugstore, no wonders whatsoever. I pick each one of them and smell it, but I cannot find the one Jungkook uses. I kept on smelling each one of them until I finally found it. It was a Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford. As soon as I sprinkled it on my wrist, there was nothing on my mind other than Jungkook. It felt like he was so close to me, the scent drove me crazier the more I smelt it. I sprinkled it further on my other wrist, behind both of my ears, and a bit on my neck. He was all over me. How weird is it to associate people with a scent?

I put the perfume back on the table, when Jungkook appeared from the closet section, buttoning his cuffs. He wore a black dress shirt with gray checkered pants, duly fitting him. His top buttons remained unbuttoned, exposing his skin from beneath. He walks closer and pulls me towards him by my waist. I gently clutched his shoulders, as it was so sudden. He brings his face closer to my ear and stays still.

"What?" I whisper with my lips almost touching his neck. He takes a deep breath and rubs his nose against my cheek in a slow manner.

"This scent," he brings his finger to my ear and brushes the hair back, and touches his nose on the back of my ear now. "I love it."

I smile at the little touch of his nose.

"You always wear this scent," I mumble.

He stays silent and focuses on my ear even more by gently rubbing his lips against the helix. He finally stops at my ear lobe and kisses me on my cheek.

"I only smelt it today," he said in my ear. "When you wore it." I blush at his words and kiss him on the side of his neck.

"I am stealing it," I say, looking in his eyes now. He smirks and kisses me on my lips.

"You have stolen everything from me, but I won't complain." I smile and caress his ear lobe with my fingers. "I'll miss you," he continues.

"Let's not make it affect your performance for your fans, okay? They would be waiting impatiently for you." He nods, rolling his lips on his tongue.

"Well, you would know better." I slap him lightly on his shoulder and he just laughs. Our little intimate moment breaks as soon as we hear the doorbell.

"Oh, she is here," I exclaim in excitement. Jungkook walks to the door and I follow him until he shows his palm to stop me.

"Let me get her inside first, then you can come."

"You haven't told her about me?"

"No. Let it be a surprise." He smiles and closes the door on me, but he peeks his head inside again for a second.

"For you, I meant." He winks and closes the door again, leaving me in an unexplained scenario.

"Ugh, I hate him."

I walk impatiently around the dressing room waiting for him to come back and explain what he said, but he is taking too long. He finally gives a light knock and opens the door, before I could barge outside seconds later. He points to the outside with his head and offers to hold my hand. I walk and tangle my fingers with his and walk outside the room. Several emotions were overlapping each other- happiness, excitement, nostalgia, and a fit of anger, deep down. She is someone my mother was so close to, someone she trusted, someone she called her sister. If there was any woman on this earth that I considered my other mother, it was her. Though she went away when I needed her the most, I can't blame this precious moment of meeting her again on my past. I walk behind Jungkook, finally standing in the lounge with my eyes closed tight out of nervousness.

"Here," his sweet whisper in my ear makes my eyelids separate like a lightning bolt. I look at the feet, the half-naked legs, the torso, and finally her face. My mouth dropped as soon as our eyes met.

"Miss Ombre?"

She smiles at me, and I smile back, weakly.

"You called her too?" I asked, gazing at Jungkook. He pursed his lips into a smile and nodded.

"She is the only guest we were expecting, Hana."

My heart sank as soon as he said that.

"Meet my mom." He points at Miss Ombre, who opens her arms to embrace me.

This moment seems like a blur; an illusion.