Lay off The Memes

The weekend came and Sisu couldn't be more excited for it. No more school. It had only been two days of it and she already had enough of it. She raced down to see Toshi lazing about on the couch and wrapped in a blanket, searching through the channels on the tv. What?! It was the weekend! What was he doing being a vegetable?

"TOSHI!" She shouted over the little balcony that connected to the stairs. He jumped from the loud voice and looked up to see her, "What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?" He asked her. She descended the steps and plopped on the couch next to him.

"It's a beautiful day out." She said, trying to entice him to get up. His eyes shifted to her but he didn't move a muscle. He mentally whined, why couldn't he just sit and relax?

"What do you want, crazy?" He asked.

"There's this place called TeamLab Borderless-"

"Ughhhhh!" He cried out plopping over, his face in a pillow. Sisu looked over at him curiously.

"What did I say?"

"I no longer wish to adult!" He shouted. "Let me be a cozy burrito."

"You, sir need to lay off the memes." She replied. "Come on, it'll be fun?"

"Get Midorya to go with you." His voice still muffled from the pillow he took refuge in. "Let this old man lie."

"I don't think I wan to face him after all of.. you know...that."

Toshi looked up from his pillow, "It'll take more than you knowing his secret for him to break off a friendship." He told her truthfully.

"I want to go with you, though." She shook him.

"Why me? I have introduced you to a class full of youngsters and you still want to hang out with me? You have problems." He pointed to her.

"PLEEEEASE!" Her voice was a shrill and ear numbing shout. He shot up from his seat and clapped a hand on her mouth. He met her eyes, he expression on his face, pure irritation.

"One hour." He demanded. "That's it." She could hear her giggle with satisfaction that she had finally gotten her way. His hand, still on her mouth, pushed her back so she landed on the sofa. " I swear you'll be the death of me one day." He stood up to get his shoes.

"Don't say that." She looked at him, surprised at his words. "Don't ever say that."

Toshi looked at her and held her chin, "Hey, it's okay. It's only a figure of speech."

"I don't like it."

"Okay, I won't say it." He replied in a comforting voice. Toshi was starting to pick up on the little idiosyncrasies she had. The boundaries she didn't even know she showed until he said something that she didn't like. It drew a better picture for him, so he could know more about how she thought and acted. "Get your shoes on, let's go." He booped her nose.

They left the house and hopped into the car to see what Sisu was so excited about. Even Toshi didn't know what this place was until they walked in to see the sculptures of oscillating light. He stood there dumbfounded, witnessing the sea of brightly lit lanterns.

"You're welcome." Sisu stood there proudly in front of him. "Never doubt me."

"Touché. It's on now, I got to top this." He said competitively.

"I don't see how you could. This place is perfect." She said, wandering about the room with Toshi following. There was so much to see, screens that displayed beautiful landscapes. Trees that bared glowing cherry blossoms, it was a dreamers paradise.

They sat down on the floor to watch the light show, staring at the colors dancing around the room. The artful colors and mesmerizing displays made them happy to feel lost in the array of color. "Toshi." Sisu whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Isn't it beautiful?" She asked.

"...This is really relaxing." He said watching the lights flicker about. She watched him as he gawked in awe of the lights zooming by, he was having fun. Sisu giggled at him, the poor old man looked like a little kid at a circus.

"What?" He looked over at her.

"Nothing, I'm just glad I dragged you out of your hermit hole."

"There it is. You ruined the peaceful moment." He shook his head.

"No," she laughed. "I mean it, you look like you're enjoying yourself."

"I am, thanks. I never knew this place existed." He looked up at the sparkling threads of light above them. "You have an illuminating view on life, Sisu." He told her.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Your quirk is UV Light which explains why you enjoy being around them. You're always trying to make someone smile with your wise cracks, you seem to just give off light with everything you do." He said. "Hence, an illuminating view."

"Nice." She smiled, giggling. "You have a..." she thought for a moment before speaking.

"Watch it." He warned giving her a playful side eye.

"What? I was going to say, you're a very sentimental person."

"Oh, okay. Tell me why?"

"Well...you're old for one thing." She made Toshi laugh. "Any memory, even if it's sad, you seem to enjoy looking back at it."

"Very true. I'm nostalgic."

"Yeah. I've seen the decor in your house, you keep anything that has some sort of happy memory."

"As anyone would."

"Yeah, maybe..." she shrugged. "You're blessed to have those memories, not many people have those." She made eye contact with him.

"You have no happy memories that you can look back on?"

Sisu made a face and shook her head, "No." she lied. Toshi also made a face, bumping shoulders with her, calling bullshit.

"I think you owe me a memory, Sisu. I told you about Nana."

"Ughhh...yeah, I know." She stared at the bright symphony of dancing light before opening her mouth to say anything. "My Baba passed his Lute onto me."