Screaming.

Toshi and Sisu stood in a field, vast and endless sprouts of cotton dotted the greenery with fluffy white orbs, making it look like it had snowed.

"Okay, you got me out here, what do you want me to do?" She asked, arms crossed.

Toshi took a few steps in front of her, looking at the fluffy white field, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed. Sisu jumped, startled at such a loud action. What would possess him to do such a thing?

"What the hell was that about?" She asked him. Toshi laughed a minute and then turned to her, "Try it, it feels good." He beckoned her near.

"You dragged me out in the middle of nowhere, early in the morning just so you could hear me scream?"

"Yep."

"You're insane, kill me now."

"Hey, now." He chuckled. "No death jokes, remember?"

"What is the point of this?" She asked. She didn't get it, how was screaming into nothingness at all productive? Toshi looked down at her, a sweet closed smile upon his face.

"Screaming is pretty therapeutic. Go ahead and try it."

"Why?" Sisu shook her head, how was this at all rational? "This doesn't make any sense."

"It's not supposed to, just release all your hurt and anger into the air." He suggested. She still thought the idea was nuts. She let out a weak scream, looking at him wondering if she did it right.

"That's pathetic." He snorted. "Louder, angrier." He instructed.

"ahhhhhh!" She laughed a little, feeling ridiculous but Toshi kept encouraging her to get even louder. "Ahhhhhhh!" Her old feelings started to stir, finding a way out and slowly leaving her chest.

"Think about what your father did to you. Think about how you felt when you ran away." He told her. She needed to let it out, if not to him then maybe the air. Sisu looked at him as if he betrayed her, "What the hell are you trying to do?"

"Do it, Sisu. Release it all." He told her. "Think about what your father did, scream at him, say or do whatever you need to say to him right now." He placed a hand on her shoulder. She averted her eyes from him, she knew he wouldn't make her tell him what she was hiding but maybe screaming into the air would encourage her to.

"What if someone hears me?"

"No one is going to hear you. I promise."

Sisu nodded slightly and walked farther into the field and stood there for a moment. She thought of all the times she had been beaten by him, every punch, hit and kick she still felt upon her body. "AHHHHHH!" She screamed, her chest stinging from the shrill sound emanating from her.

Toshi just stood back, listening to her. He watched her in case she needed him at some point as she kept screaming into the wind. Sisu's head was riddled with flashbacks. Her fathers evil face looking down at her, "AHHHHHHH!!!"

The way he went after Lux with such fury, "AHHHHH!!!" Tears started to stream down her cheeks as she let out one cry after another.

Memories flashed in her mind, why wouldn't they leave her be? She remembered it just like it was yesterday. Why? Why was it so clear in her head? What the hell did she do to lose two people she loved with all her heart?! The blood pooling beneath her, their Step-dad's paling face when it happened. Why couldn't it have been her? She had no reason to live! Why not her?

"AHHHHhhhhHhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!"

The tone in her scream started to sound different, Toshi knew that sound. It was the sound of a grieving soul. He stepped in, seeing her drop to her knees in despair. She couldn't stop screaming now, it was time to intervene before she lost her voice. He turned her around to see her face a mess with tears, her mouth still open screaming in horror. "Sisu." He pulled her close, trying to comfort her. This was much more serious than he realized. What did her step Dad do to her?

She pounded upon his chest, not even wanting to be embraced, "Sisu." His voice was still gentle to calm her down. He held her firmly in his arms to distill her fighting him. She eventually calmed down and was reduced to enraged panting, her chin resting on his shoulder. "There, there." He rubbed her back. "You did a good job. I'm sorry I stopped you. I just didn't want you to hurt your voice." He told her, not losing that gentle tone. She hugged him tighter, his warmth relaxing her and easing her sorrow.

"I'm so tired now." She sank into his frame, the energy drained from her. Toshi helped her up and they made it back to the car, driving back into town. The silence in the car was a mix of peaceful and unsettling. Sisu was finally at peace from what he could tell and he was still lost on what she endured for her to cry out like that.

She slouched in her seat, closing her eyes as the exhaustion overtook her. Toshi took a different turn and headed down the road to stop for some food. She would be hungry when she woke up. He parked and left her in the car, walking into the building to order some Sushi. He bumped into someone in line, "Oh, sorry-" he noticed the familiar face. "Oh, hey there Shota."

The eternally tired man glanced at Toshi then the purple haired child in his car, "Having fun with Sisu?" He asked. Toshi scratched his head a little embarrassed by his wording.

"It's nothing like that-"

"Give me some credit, Toshi. I know you have a purpose for this kid." He replied. "So, you have a new protégé, huh?"

"Something like that. She just needs help and protection."

"From?" His bottomless eyes seemed interested. "What's going on, Toshi? Why do you have the elusive thief, Sisu with you?"

"I should've known you would know who she is."

"I work night hero shifts, of course I do." He shrugged as the line moved a little. "So talk to me, Toshinori. What's so special about this kid?"