Chapter 1- Feeling free

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

4:18 p

4:18 p.m.

That's the time the clock in my therapist's office showed me one Thursday afternoon when I decided to prove them all wrong.

Human beings are so desperate for attention that they have the ineffable urge to blame you for breathing and with a few words spilling out of their dirty mouths they can turn you into a wrack marked by the tiredness streaming through your veins.

What is just a moment of letting go of their inner thoughts will be the sentences that swim in your brain forever but that doesn't mean we are defined by their words for the rest of our lives.

Exactly three years ago my therapist told me I won't start living unless I stop listening to their cruel words and start to hear what I have to say but how should that make anything better?

My mind is a fucked-up place filled with thoughts that bullies wouldn't even dare to think about.

I am thinking and thinking and thinking...

So hard my head is a warzone.

I love trying to figure out why people are who they are and what makes them act the way they do. Especially because I always get an answer but not when it comes to me.

I can't understand myself.

How is it possible for me to be so desperate to fall in love that my whole body lights up just thinking about the possibility but on the other side I am terrified of letting anyone come close to me?

Maybe it's because I haven't received the love I would have needed as a child.

Maybe I haven't met the right person.

Maybe it's because most men I have met have traumatized me and I am scared of falling in love with a monster.

Or maybe my brain is trying to keep me from getting hurt.