Chapter 9- Again

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

TW: Homophobic slur

TW: Homophobic slur

„No, I am fine. I promise." I say, putting a smile on my face as I look at Oliver's concerned one.

"You sure? Did Justin make you uncomfortable?" He asks.

"I am sure, ok? My head is spinning because I drank too much, but I am not completely wasted. I am fine. He didn't do anything wrong."

The truth. I am at a level where I maybe can't think straight but I can pretend. Of course, when I am full-on drunk it's obvious but after years of fearing my parents' anger after a night out, there is a line where I am convincing when it comes to my soberness.

My friends and the people around me always think I am either sober or completely drunk because I can't handle the alcohol and maybe that's true because I don't endure much but I am way more often drunk than they expect.
When they think I am sober because I am smiling and talking in clear sentences I am already so gone into another world where I can forget.

They look into my eyes and think I am safe while my head is destroying me from the inside and the liquid is numbing the pain.
"Really? Because I can bring you home if you need me to."

„I am good but my best friend Emmabell will be here soon to pick me up if this is ok. Of course, I won't leave you alone here, so how about you come with us? We will just hang around or stuff like that. Casual but with people I am sure you will like." I say.
He rubs his hand over the back of his neck, looking unsure.

"I don't know, maybe I should just walk home or something. I don't know her and maybe she doesn't want me there."

"No, what? Are you crazy? You can't walk home alone through New York at night after you had something to drink. You could get attacked. If you don't like her or you want home, we can immediately bring you there but I promise you, she will love you."