Chapter 30- Murderous

Stuck in my thoughts, I assume I was in a trance-like state as I  suddenly come back to myself and realize where I am stepping in

Stuck in my thoughts, I assume I was in a trance-like state as I suddenly come back to myself and realize where I am stepping in.

My sister, Antonia has always been interested in history, but as wide as this subject is, reaching into infinity, she told me a lot about the Holy Roman Empire. Hundreds of paintings and maps were thrown into my face as I was a child, her wanting to tell everyone about her interest.

Often, I didn't listen, which I now regret but still the little things stuck with me. Dubious stories about affairs between the rulers of this time, festivities that occurred behind hidden doors, and of course the open gladiator fights, a game of power played in enormous arenas you can now only see ruins of.

And if I could imagine the feeling of placing myself down in the front row of the colloseum, I would take this moment as the modern equivalent.

Not that this was as big as an entire arena, or as triumphal as this must have been thousands of years ago but something inside me made me realize...
I am living in this time, where in many countries democracy is the first priority and where thankfully only a few- still too many- dictators are ruling over everyone.

And still I got somehow stuck in a world with people that seem almost unreachable. Not that I am saying they are more worthy than anybody else and as I got friends with Harvey and maybe even Kaden they seem so close to me. They are people just like the normal neighbor and still...

There is something they seem to have, only a handful of people in the world truly own.
The power over everything and everyone.
And I have no idea why those thoughts only come now to me.
I mean they have big amounts of money, I couldn't even dream of and I spent enough time with them to realize how others react to them.

What they can achieve with who they are. Just by being themselves.

But standing here, on the first... second... third... fourth... fifth...58th row of a round stand, centering a huge field in the middle that almost looks like a boxing ring... it draws to me.

People are screaming around us, men talking at high- volume, cheering for God knows what but I cannot understand anything. My eyes travel through the rows, the different variety of people shocking me.

Some in suits, seeming like they just came out of a room, completing a 40 million dollar deal, while a few rows right the guys look more like A-class rappers, women hoarded around them.

"What is this?" I whisper more to myself but my look travels to Harvey who has his gaze directed at me.

But if I thought the thrill rushing through my body from the loud screams of strangers, or the darkness in this huge stadium, would shock me I cannot express what his stoic expression does to me. A man who always has a smirk plastered on his face, looking at me with a seriousness I would have never expected.