Chapter 32- Brothers and dark shadows

Part 2/3 🤍 next will follow in a couple of hours:)

I take one step, the other following, pushing myself away from him when I turn my head and see that Harvey and Emmabell are not in my sight anymore

I take one step, the other following, pushing myself away from him when I turn my head and see that Harvey and Emmabell are not in my sight anymore. Excellent.

I lightly brush my hair straight with my hand. I wipe with my fingers my under eyes to smooth out the concealer that probably already creased over those bags. This is the sign of too much sleep at the wrong time and too little at the right. I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself because I want to look as proper and sober as possible.

When I look back at Dorian and his little crew, he shakes his head in disappointment, his jaw clenched. "Aleandra."

He exhales but in the deep echo of his voice, the gentleness he only directs at me comes forward. Firmly but not painfully, he leads me away from the front. This is so we are away from the crowds and in a more private area, where we don't have sight of the fighting spot anymore.

"What?" I ask, raising my brows,standing straight and confidently.

"Don't what, me. What are you doing here in a place like this when you and Em are supposed to be in bed at your place? Safe. It's almost 4.30." He hisses at me.

"No, hello baby sis? It's pleasant to see you after 2 years of not showing my face and spamming you with messages since you are here in New York? I am just hanging out with some friends and one suggested it would be cool to go here. I am a teenager. End of the story, but what is your excuse? Why are you here?"

"Messages you ignored, and I saw this friend of yours. You really lost your skill at picking friends. How do you even know him? He is so not... you."

"What the hell do you mean by "not you?" You have no idea who he is. Only because he has money, he is not better or lower than anyone else. He is nice. A trait you obviously lost since you don't live at home anymore."

"Aleandra, that's enough. You have no idea what you are talking about. I have been nothing but kind to you. I offered to pay for Darwin, but you wanted to do this alone and chose another way."

"Offered? It was more like bribing me to control me, and the fact that my university is less expensive does not mean it isn't top of the line, I hear your undertone. It is a fact that many of the professors here also hold posts at Darwin. That is a fact, not your dumb incorrect opinion." I try not to yell but even if I were to shout, nobody would hear me either way due to the massive backlog.

"I would never build someone's value on money, but that was just my opinion on your decision, you know. An opinion cannot be incorrect."

"If it's an insult, yes." I glare at him, knowing how he wanted me to transfer to the prestigious university and even though I knew he could afford everything as a Wall Street banker and high value lawyer I didn't want to feel obligated to owe him. I wanted to make it because I made it. Maybe dumb to go against the privilege but I couldn't...