In between

Let's call this an indentation into the story.

It is your decision but I'm kindly asking you to read this, not only to get to know me better and understand where my struggles lie but also to get those characters know better. Those characters who are very much real. As real as you and I.

At seventeen, I find myself chronicling my first love. It's the kind of love that consumes, leaving behind bittersweet memories that are both beautiful and heart-wrenching. Kaden, oh how I adore him. He's a wonderful, smart boy, his kindness a soothing balm. Maybe he loved me too, but the timing was never on our side.

As I write this, tears trace my cheeks. Thoughts of the boy who loved books, who cooked for me, who listened to my heartache, they weigh heavy on my heart. He would let me pour out my soul, then gently kiss my temple and reassure me that I'm enough.

We've drifted apart, our messages few and far between. Maybe we've changed beyond recognition. But Kaden, remember this story is for you as much as it is for me and anyone who reads it. My feelings for you only grow stronger and my heart fonder with every thought of you on my mind and believe me, they never leave.

Kaden, I love you. Be well.

And to the readers, immerse yourselves in this story of a family as real as any, with its flaws and bonds.

Another note: after the next chapter there will be a „blonde" guy mentioned. I didn't give him a name because I want to make clear that some people are just not important to someone's story. And bullies are one of them!

Double update ——>