Chapter 33- Jail or grave

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot!

I should stop taking naps that last 5 hours.

I love you, bye.

Have you ever been choked before?

It's a question I ask the Ally in my head, who appears to have gotten lost in there in the past months. Even so, I don't want her to leave.

Do not leave me, please. A phrase I whisper to myself.

Have you ever been choked before, Ally?

Certainly not in the way you might think, love. Those books, huh?

I am referring to the way your body gradually loses its life.

Where you see yourself from the outside and think "This must be so peaceful." Where you whisper to God "Let me go, please... let me go." Let. Me. Go." Such a harmonious way to go.

Incorrect.

It's suffocating, a fear I would never wish on anyone. Do I mean the blood that still runs down my arms after the doctor has taken care of me, or am I referring to the pain that caused me to destroy my body from the beginning? Who knows? You may guess if a rich boy like me with anything I could ever have, with friends that would die for me and girls too pretty to be true wanting to marry me, could be capable of such torture. Or if I am just imagining this agonizing feeling inside my chest.

Causing my lungs to stop working... letting me choke.

I would never wish for you to understand but in this moment, I want to feel heard.

Graham, you fool. So privileged- white, rich, a man- there's nothing to complain about. Suck it up and die with grace.

I lift the vodka bottle to my lips and take sip after sip until I cannot swallow fast enough and have to physically grasp my chest. I cough, my lungs constricting with the force and panic rising inside me. But as soon as I can almost breathe again I take another sip.

In some way, I know if someone bothered to take the time to understand me.

You would. You have told me about this guilt. Of having too much but not enough to go beyond just existing.

I wish I could tell you that. Would you laugh at me?

The chuckle of my old friend drills through my ears like a knife cutting through butter. After I told him I didn't want to sleep with Katherine. Not again.

Her high pitched voice shakes me to the core as if the second she laid eyes on me she expected ownership. Follow little puppy, follow. Body and mind are mine.