Chapter 34- Games we play

I apologize because some of you didn't understand the last chapter. Completely my fault, I am sorry.

Let's look back at the months that followed after last October 3rd

It started with a girl, just like every other highly idiotic story with an predictable plot and even more predictable characters.

I met a girl.

I spent some time with Aleandra Raven.

I thought I would never see her again but her best friend became close to mine and we met again and again.

Till one time Em begged us to drive with her to another party, picking up her best friend because she wasn't feeling well. I didn't know if I had found it more embarrassing for Ray, Harvey and me that we obviously gave her the impression that she needed to beg us. Or if I was mad at all those male friends those two had before that always wanted something in return.

It almost seems like I am telling you a fairytale.
I wish it was.

Back to the main topic, the girl who needed a ride was Aleandra, a girl who was in much distress and in obvious pain that she tried to hide desperately. Where Emmabell obviously never had friends that were helpful, her best friend clearly lacked people who would take her seriously and whom she could trust.

Fast forward, she confided in us. At least a little. As I promised her just a few minutes ago, I dealt with her harasser. I fought this guy. The bastard who made her feel like lying about her wellbeing was an option.

We weren't friends. Far from it. I liked teasing her and I liked seeing her squirm and get feisty. I wanted to push her. I wanted her to stand up for her worth.

Then like in a cliché highschool movie from the nineties I realized we are project partners. For a year we are supposed to get closer to two kids.

A little girl named Valeria, who came from Colombia without any parents. She just appeared. That's what documents about her tell us. A girl not much older than 10 who didn't speak a word of English, whispering the words Colombia and Mami under her breath was abandoned in front of the institution. She doesn't communicate a lot, the words that she speaks are directed at Elias. A troublemaker, 14, with a mother who was a prostitute and a father who was her pimp. In foster care his entire life. 12 families to be exact.

Yeah, he is a guy who can complain. He has the right to be angry, he has the right to be depressed. Not you, little rich boy.

And that's why I am here right? That's why I walked after her, after her brother told me to stay away from her. Due to the fact that we have only met with them three or four times. Val and Eli are barely acquaintances. We are behind schedule. We should talk about it.

I love you, I do with my entire fucking heart and that's why I give you this advice. Stay away from her, I mean it. I want the best for you, and I want the same for her. Don't touch her, don't talk to her.
Otherwise I will have to take this away from you. I made you, Kaden but as brutal as it may sound for you and for her I would take it all away from you and I wouldn't feel guilty. Say goodbye and then go home. You can have everyone, just not her.