who broke you

"Y/n please just stop torturing yourself" your friend tugged on your arm forcing you to take your eyes off c/n and his girlfriend which was both a blessing and a curse.

"I'm sorry its just.... What has she got that I haven't ? Why can't I be good enough?" You felt yourself slowly breaking down again so you took a deep breath and tried to push any thought about c/n out of your mind.

"I guess this is a bad time to tell you he's going to (other friend name) slumber party" your friend spoke quickly and quietly but you still heard. You groaned.

"Now I have to make an effort with my appearance" you sulked but smiled ever so slightly "that's right now cmon let's go prepare" your friend tugged your arm all the way back to your house and the both of you got ready

"Does this say 'i'm casual; I'm just hanging yet I'm hot and you should date me" your friend asked holding up an outfit, you looked up from where you were reading your magazine on your bed to check "yeah" you confirmed. "Good then put it on and let's do your make up"

*time skip to party*

"Hey guys I'm so glad you came" your friend hugged you both and led you to her lounge, You saw c/n talking to a few of your friends an the gates to the zoo in your stomach flew open, your breath started to catch in your throat and you mind emptied, only images of him remaining.

"Oh hey y/n hey f/n" c/n smiled waving slightly at you, you kept your blank face an sat beside your friend.

"Okay then" he muttred, placing his hands on his knees and sighing. "I'm going to go get a drink does anyone want anything ?" He asked; many replied but you just shook your head "I'm good"

While he was gone you started re evaluating, maybe you were being stupid maybe you should just accept that he feels nothing for you and accept being friends

You had a new attitude but then he walked back into the room, arms filled with drinks but a smile still on his face. How could anyone be okay with just being a friend to this guy... He was so boyfriend material .

After an hour of staring and looking away, participating and staying out you had had enough "I'm going to go get some air" you stood up and left the room not giving anyone time to acknowledge what you had even said .

Once you were in your friends garden you walked the very furthest you could and perched on the edge of the bench your body already beginning to shake with sobs
"Y/n" a voice called out, you wiped at your eyes quickly and sat up straight smiling, "yes" you replied once c/n sat next to you

"You are kidding right.. I know you've been crying" he smiled softly wiping at your ruined make up, your head dipped "oh great now everyone will think I'm a fucking baby" you felt your eyes stinging again but wished them away. "You aren't a baby , you are actually really strong. I mean you kept this act up.. " he tucked your hair behind your ear and with a blank face asked "who broke you."

It was almost as if he knew the answer but hoped he didn't, the way he seemed so ready to be broken himself but his eyes still had hope

"You"

He broke.

"I'm sorry c/n I mean I never told you i liked you cause well look at me and look at your girlfriend there was no point in me saying anything at all" he cut you off.

He leant forward and crashed his lips onto yours, his hand on your shoulder, you were beyond shocked.

"I broke up with her... I only need you... to fix you"