What if...

-------

Life is filled with 'what if's'? Thing's you think about constantly, telling yourself things about it to cheer you up and sometimes even to put you down.

There was one 'what if' you were determined to never let turn into an 'I'll never know'

And that 'what if' had a name. C/n.

You decided that in life there is always going to be things that hold you back but you should jusy break free! Ignore them. Live in the now.
If things didn't work out they weren't meant to be. If a few people got hurt but it ended well... So what. They will get over it, move on. You create your own life.

You wanted to stop thinking about kissing him when he is talking to you; holding the contact and smiling at you. When he gives you compliments, give him one right back. Make it happen.

This attitude tended to fade in the moment. Fear getting the best of you. But your figured a moment of embarrassment would be worth finding out if he likes you.

So today was the day, you pushed away all your thoughts and dohbts and everything bad and went out to meet him. Once you had hugged hello, you started walking along the streets, on your way to town.

The pavements were quite busy and you didn't want to get separated so he held your hand, keeling you close and safe. Whiskt walking an elderly lady smiled at you both "you twk are adorable" she smiled and then continued to carry on walking.

"How awkard" c/n giggled "I mean we aren't a couple" he finished and you nodded. This is it. It's your chance. Take it.... Take it!

"We could be"

Silence.

"Wha- I - huh?" C/n had a dazed look on his face. "We could be a couple" by now you had both stopped walking and were getting shoved and glared at by passers by.

"Come here" he said, pulling you off the pavement and into an alley tyoe thing. "What are you trying to say?" C/n asked. Damn he was not making this thing easy was he.

"I mean what I said. We could be a couple if you wanted?" You shrugged on the outisde but on the inside you were screaming, chanting. Say yes!

"Oh my god hour asking me out" he took a few steps back, his emotions being displayed all over his face.

"If you wanna say no.. Just say it" your body had almsot folded in on itself. Your heart deflating to the size of a penny.

C/n's bead snapped up to look at you, shock and regret written all over it. "No no no" he ran up to you.

Taking your face in his hands and peppering kisses all over your face and then looking deep into your eyes. "You've got more balls then I have" he pulled you into a hug and you mental started cheering and doing a happy dance.

"If anyone asks can we say I asked you out?" You were back to walking now, this time hand in hand bug in a relationship.

"Nope"