Nightmare

You panted, your breathing no longer easy but incredibly painful. Your hair stuck to your forehead; your clothes clung to your body heavy with sweat you couldn't keep going. You had to keep running but it seemed every cell, every bone, everything remotely alive was begging you to stop.

You slowed your pace and regreted it, vines wound themselves around your ankles digging in deeper and deeper, you tried to untangle them but vines pulled your arms aside. Thorns cut into your wrist but you still tugged to get free... You had to get to him.

"C/n" you screamed your voice dragging slowly out of your throat and vanishing into darkness. "He's gone" a voice whispered, you gave up, your body going limp and lifeless.

----

You bolted up, tears hot on your cheeks and sobs catching in your throat, you sat cross legged on your bed; running a hand through your tangled hair and whimpering softly.

"Y/n" you looked up to your door way to see c/n stood there smiling sadly at you. he must have heard you and came to see what was up.

"What's wrong?" He approached you carefully, looking you over and frowning a little. "I-i ju-just had a n-nightmare" you cried softly cursing that you couldn't stop crying, you had just let everything bubble up and it was suddenly too much.

"Come here" he pulled you up and into his body, his arms wrapping tightly around your waist and yours his neck. You cried into his bare chest as he rubbed your back, muttering sweet nothings and kissing your hair softly . "let's get you back to sleep"

"N-no I can't g-go back to sl-sleep" you sobbed but he just shook his head, he held your face in his hands and looked deep in your eyes. "I'm here now" he pressed his lips softly to your forehead, then your nose and lastly kissed your lips, it was slow and conferting but you were worried it was a goodbye.

"Are you leaving me?" You asked him timidly, hiding yourself in his chest. "I am not the type of guy to leave my girlfriend crying after a nightmare babe" he smiled and sat on your bed pulling you down with him and laying your heads on your pillow. He pull your body close to him as you layed on his chest listening to his heart beat. Your legs tangled together and his hand lingered on your waist.

"Thank you" you whispered but he simply kissed your head and smiled replying "I love you too"