I can't sleep

You couldn't sleep. You felt wrapped and tangled in the sheets and when you finally threw them off your body, you simply just got cold again.

You guessed it was around three in the morning... Or at least that's what your clock read the last time you read it. You were over thinking things. And by things you mean everything. And there is only one thing that can calm you down; luckily that things is a he and he is sleeping dosne stairs.

Your parents didn't want you in the same room but surely they would understand right? They know about your nerves ?

Screw it.

You hopped off your bed, and started making your way to the stairs. It seemed everything floorboard was out to get you as they squeaked and creaked. "Shh" you hushed them, now finally at the bottom of the stairs.

You made your way into the spare room and saw c/n cuddled up in his blankets and spread out on the mattress. In that moment you didn't want to wake him, he might be mad? People get grouchy when they get woken up. You smiled at him one last time before turning around and going to leave the room.

"Babe?" His voice was thick with sleep and it made your heart clench, you turned around slowly and saw him, now sat up. His covers pooling around him and his hair a little bed headed, he ran a hand through it to calm it and you couldn't help but smile.

"I- I'm really sorry" you whispered, he smiled at you the type of smile that let you know that it was okay. That he could never be mad at you. He rubbed at his eyes. "You alright?" Of course he looked concerned, why wouldn't he? His girlfriend is wondering about in the early hours and then standing in his room creepily.

"I couldn't sleep" your voice was quiet when you admitted this and this time it was his heart that clenched. "Come here" he shuffled over in his bed and held his arms open. "I- I don't know"

"Y/n come on, you need to sleep and honey, i feel honoured that I can calm you down" he was smirking but it was the good kind of smirk, a smirk reserved for only you. You nodded, closing the bedroom door and on your way over to the bed picking up a random shirt and chucking it at him.

"Wha- why?" He asked you. You shrugged and be raised his eyebrows. "Babe I know you, you like sleeping on a bare chest better. So don't worry I'll put on a shirt once you've fallen asleep, then your parent's won't get any ideas yeah?" You nodded and felt the heat spread across your cheeks. Nevertheless you climbed into bed, curling up against his side and resting your head on his bare chest, his cool skin took the heat away from your cheeks and within minutes you had drifted off to the sound of his heartbeat and the steady rhythm of his breathing. He kept one arm wrapped protectively around you and quickly leant down to kiss your head and brush over the skin with his thumb, ensuring you steady peacefully asleep.

"Good night babe" he smiled.