Sing me to sleep

A/N: I come in peace

My question: do you believe in aliens
My answer: Hell yes

Unedited

----

You forcefully rolled over to be led on your back, letting out a long sigh.

You couldn't sleep.

You're not sure how long you had been trying to drift off, but however long it had been, you had made little progress. Your mind was exploding with noises and thoughts and worries and everything under the sun. You were worrying about things you honestly didn't needn't worry about, like if fancy woman in ball gowns have ever trapped children under their puffy skirts.

You slammed your head back onto your pillow, the sound of feathers moving underneath the impact of your skull was rather soothing. You pulled your covers tighter around your body, just staring at the ceiling, your eyes tracing imaginary patterns on your ceiling. Stars and constilations and universes far from your own.

You loved to think about all of the universes that exist, so far from your own but yet, so close. It made your head hurt, your brain pulsing against the walls of your skull... but you were addicted. Addicted to questioning reality and your existence and the alternate universes you's existence an-

"Babe, I swear to god if you are thinking about whether unicorns feel strange eating ice cream cones I'm going to break up with you" a muffled voice spoke from beside you.

You bit your lip, trapping the scream that had crawled up your throat. You had forgotten c/n was led beside you, tangled in the sheets and sleeping like a baby. Except he wasn't asleep now, he was propped up against a pillow and staring down intently at you.

"I wasn't thinking about that.... I am now"

He smiled softly at you, running a hand through your hair. You lean into his touch, it managed to calm you slightly but not enough.

"What's wrong?" Worry filled his eyes; his whole body seemed more alert just at the thought of you not being okay. You shook your head, sitting up slightly and leaning into him. His arms wrapped around you and you couldn't help but relax at the familiar warmth and scent of him.

"Seriously though?" C/n pressed a kiss to your hair, his fingers running absentmindedly up and down your arms, sending chills through your bones. "I just couldn't sleep, started thinking about all the different universes.... I wonder how many of them we are together in" you thought out loud, feeling Him tense against you.

Quickly he answers "all of them"

Looking up at him you expected to see a smirk or grin but... Nothing. Jusy c/n's beautiful face staring-Seriously- back at yours. His eyes stern and his jaw set, the slight mess and chaos of his bed head brought the smallest of smiles to your face as you looked at him. You often wondered how you wound up with someone so beautiful, because it wasn't just his sparkling eyes or strong jaw and smooth skin, he had an amazing mind, a mind that always put you first.

"That's a lot of universes" your fingers tangled themselves In the cloth of his shirt, the fabric soft and warm against your cool skin. His arms tightened around you, pulling you closer as he shifted his body, he rested his head against yours, his breath fanning ACROSS your cheeks.

" I've got a whole lotta love" he whispered, "alright take it easy Zeppelin" you both laughed. "I could love you a thousand times over, a thousand different stories, a thousand different lifetimes and in everyone I would fall for you"

Sleep laced his voice, his eyelids struggling to stay parted, but you could tell he was serious.

"I love you" you grinned and he nodded "obviously"  you reached up and gave him a light smack on the cheek. His chest rumbled with laughter, sending vibrations through your body.

"I love you the most in this universe. All those other me's can f*ck off" he puffed his chest out and you shook your head "Hun, are you getting all macho with yourself?"

"Quite possibly. But none of those other me's will ever love you as much as I do" his fingers continued to drum against your skin, his fingers warm and calloused. "But now I feel sorry for all the other us's. Because none of the me's could love you as much as I do"

You were both silent for a moment. Grins stretched across your faces, a warm fuzzy feeling in your chests.

"What do you think we're like? In these other universes" you whispered, as though you were talking about a governments secret, or the existence of aliens.

"Hmmmm, in one we fell in love in a coffee shop, that whole cheesy love story. You would come in every day and order the same drink and sit at the same table and read. Until one day you sat at your table and your drink was already there as was a new book. Propped in one of the pages was my number, you called it to see me across the room, answer my phone and smile. "

Your heart strained, you were about to talk when he continued .

"In another I'm a body guard-"

You giggled slightly, causing him to glare, "sorry."

"I'm a body guard and I spend everyday making sure you're safe, as my job. Until one day I realise I'm not doing it to get paid, I'm doing it because it would kill me to see anything happen to you. And you wouldn't want anyone else keeping you safe at night "

You snuggled closer.

"And in another, I'm working as a Santa in the shopping centre at Christmas, we know eachother briefly from school but we aren't close. Until one day, you take your cousin to see Santa, ie me. And once they're done telling me what they want, they look at me, so intently and ask what I want. You start giggling, your sweet adorable laugh and I find myself only wanting one thing.. you"

"Have you thought about this before?" You asked him, serious, although you were laughing.

"Of course, haven't you?" He raised an eyebrow

"Yes, you're a singer. And I'm your biggest fan, I fell in love with you before you even knew I existed. And one day my friends surprise me with tickets to your concert. We drove hours to get there and camped outside for ages. But I saw you and it was amazing and what was even more amazing is that you saw me. You thought I was beautiful and met up with me after the show. We fell in love and everynight when I couldn't sleep.. you sang to me."

You admitted sheepishly.

He held your face gently in his hands. Stroking the pads of his thumb as across the curve of your cheekbones.

And suddenly

He started to sing. It was soft and you couldn't make out too many words, it was probably more of a hum.. but here he was, singing to you. It was soft and gentle and... Him.

He wasn't a huge people person, never been too out there, or open or stripped for the world to see. But whenever he was with you, you could feel himself be more free, more confident.

But right here, him singing you to sleep. You knew, he was completely himself with you.

And you loved him, a million lifetime's over.