My gift.

Unedited

You led on your bed listening to music and texting c/n about this new band you found when your mum walked in.

"Woah woah knock next time" you told her chuckling.

"Oh please, its not like you're ever gonna have a guy up here" she smiled at you sarcastically.

"You shoukd be happy about that" you told her and she shrugged.

"Speaking of boys, are you ready yet? We are having dinner with c/n's family tonight." She started walking around your room, picking up things you had left on the floor.

Suddenly you bolted upright. "You did not tell me!"

She stopped and then smiled "ohhh maybe I didn't. Y/n we are having dinner with c/n's family tonight get ready" she left your room and you ran to the shower and started getting ready.

You didn't know why you tried so hard to impress c/n. All your friends said you were stuck in that dreadful place called the friendzone... But deep down you knew you weren't, you knew something was there. A spark was between you two and you would be damned if you let it die out.

Your family's decided to go to a restaurant as neither could be bothered to cook or clean which you of course were fine with. And after a nervous car ride you were finally there.

C/n and his family were already there and when he saw you walk in he quickly stood up and walked to you, greeting you with a hug.

"Hello y/n" his parents called out from behind him and you waved to them as best as you could with c/n's arms wrapped tightly around you. You heard both your parents chuckle and then start greeting each other as everyone got seated.

You pulled away from c/n but he stayed close, staring into your eyes and suddenly he winked, biting his lip slightly and sitting down causing you to follow suit.

You were halfway through your meal when c/n kicked you under the table, you screamed slightly but over the loud chatter no one could hear you. "Oops s*it sorry didn't mean to kick so hard" he blushed

"Say you need to use the restroom. I'll meet you in five" he whispered before starting to talk to your dad about this cat he saw the other day. "Uhh excuse I'm going to go to the bathroom" you smiled, making your way to the toilets and awkwardly standing by the door

The next few minutes felt like the longest in your life, especially with that old judgemental couple sat near you, who every few seconds would look up, glare and then mutter something.

"What's so interesting? Do I have bingo numbers plastered to my face? I think not" you muttered and saw c/n talking towards you. "Okay what the hell "

He smiled. "Look I know stood, hiding near a bathroom isn't exactly the most romantic place but anywhere with you could be considered heaven on earth" he rambled whilst you stood there, nodding but screaming inside.

"Oh God okay what I'm trying to say it this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a black box.

"Here. My gift" he told you.

You had an extremely dumb moment and looked at the box, then back up at him. "You bought me a box?"

"Y/n... Think"

"Ohh.."

You carefully took the box from his hand and opened it up, you smiled as the necklace looked back at you. It was beautiful, you don't know how he bought it but you were glad he did.

"C/n its beautiful" you blushed.

"Like you, here let me put it on.. You that is, that's totally not my style" he chuckled, picking up the necklace and standing behind you. You picked up your hair as he put the chain around your neck and tied the clasp.

He lingered behind you, his hands on your shoulders, you felt him press his lips gently agaisnt the exposed skin. You turned around quickly and his arms went around your waist.

"Y/n I know I'm probably in the frienzone but oh my God I don't care I think I'm in love with you... If you don't feel the same that's okay but if you do.. Do you think maybe, you would be my girlfriend?" He looked at you. Hope evident in his eyes

A smile spread wide across your face.

"I love you"  you grinned and tilted your head up to press your lips to his and thank him with a kiss.

"I love me too" he smirked "an you of course, I like your butt..sh*t can we go that old couple is giving me the look of death right now."